• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Raptors have an interim coach tomorrow?

KB21

Guest Walter

I'm just curious if anyone thinks Lenny gets another job after this one. If you refuse to play yonger players and the NBA is continually getting younger as players enter the NBA earlier, the game can only be said to have passed you by. Not even touching upon the blank clipboard stares at crunch time. He's toast and it's taken Toronto far too long to realize all this.

W

• Premium Member

rs.

Since Lenny has been there the players who have played the most for him are:

Alvin Williams.

Morris Peterson.

[censored], while he was healthy, he even played Jelani McCoy.

I think the thing is that Lenny will always play his best players over developing other players. IS that so bad. IF so, why not criticize Phil Jackson. Lenny and Phil and Pat Riley and Nellie are all on the same page here. They all play the best players that they have. Ask Rush how many minutes he's logging these days. There have been so many people that Pat Riley has overlooked in the whole development scheme....

However, I think there are 2 real tragedies in Toronto.

1. Six game losing streak. Lenny's fault.

2. Lack of good players & bad Deals. Grunwald's fault.

Grunwald signed a lot of players to high dollar contracts who were old.

1. AD

2. Hakeem.

He also signed JYD.

What all that did was not allow Toronto to resign some of it's talent... Keon Clark, Childs. What you're seeing in Toronto is the result of Deterioration because of moves that the GM made. Losing Vince for most of the season didn't help either.

Still though, Lenny has his failings. Six game losing streak.

The lost to Denver and Memphis in that streak. I would harp on that but Memphis is underrated. They also took a 1 point overtime loss to the Clipps in that time.

Being beaten by the Kings, Blazers, and Suns is understandable though. Those teams are just better.

It's just hard to call.

About Memphis...

In their last 10 games, they are 8-2 with losses to Philly and Dallas who are the hottest teams in the league right now. Tonight they play Minn. IF they win that game, I will declare Memphis as an underdog no longer.

Oh please!

The only player that played meaningful minutes as a rookie for Lenny Wilkens in Toronto is Morris Peterson, and that's only because he had no choice. Even now, had Murray been healthy, Morris Peterson would have been on the bench.

Kareem Rush has a guy named Kobe Bryant in front of him on the Lakers. It's kind of hard to get playing time when one of the top 3 players in the NBA is on the same team and plays the same position.

That is not the case in Toronto. Mark Bradley has who in front of him? Rafer Alston has who in front of him? Chris Jeffries has only Morris Peterson in front of him.

In Miami, Caron and Rasaul Butler have played meaningful minutes for the Heat. Caron has been a starter all year long.

• Premium Member

Tracy Murry was healthy. Lenny Choose a rookie over him because the rookie was the best player. You mention Jeffries but have you seen this guy play? He's worse than anything DJ ever did. As far as Bradley goes, he was Behind Keon Clark. Now he's behind AD. IN the earlier part of the season, Jelani McCoy & N'Daiye played in front of him. McCoy is not some old vet. Neither is N'Daiye. However, look at N'Daiye's numbers... He block shots...

http://www.nba.com/raptors/stats

As far as Alston, I liked him at Milwaukee... But #1 he played 20 mpg. #2. He's playing behind Williams and Hunter. Well Hunter's been on the schnide. #3. Williams has the best A/TO ratio in the league while Alston is 2nd on their team in turnovers and he only plays 20 mpg.