• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KG as our Plan B?

TexasPete

Yahoo sports is reporting we have talked directly to the Wolves about a 3,11 deal for KG. If the Amare thing doesnt happen, and it sounds like the Suns could have second thoughts, KG may be coming here straightaway.

This would turn us into instant contenders for two years but then what?

Quote:

I would hope we wouldnt mortgage the farm for a 31 year old. I'm not sure why PHX would either which gives me doubt about the whole thing.

Because their true title window will close within a couple of years anyhow as Nash fades, and KG is better in the short run. He can run with Nash but also shores up their D. It's the classic title run vs. planning for your long term future.

• Premium Member

I think a KG/Marion/Nash Combo is one that can win. KG has never had help. I would love to see them matchup with San Antonio... I think Duncan had an easy time with Amare and Bowen was allowed to do too much physical play on Nash. KG will change that. They would still need that one player though.... The guy who's a rugged defender. The guy who's the glue. Dare I say Diaw!!!

KG is pretty much the perfect fit for them. What other defensive anchors in the post can run with Nash? None. But do they have the cojones to be the guys who traded away the all-nba 1st team center at 24? That could haunt them for years once Nash fades.