• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Amare would have been nice... but I began the day

sturt

• Premium Member

...hoping more for something reasonable that would bring Gasol and Calderon.

The main enticing thing to me about Amare was that the price seemed so reasonable.

But the danger now is that people will think that BK *must* make a trade... rather he must NOT make a trade unless he can get better value from it than drafting Horford and Law... nothing's changed there.

munching_out.gif

Quote:

...hoping more for something reasonable that would bring Gasol and Calderon.

The main enticing thing to me about Amare was that the price seemed so reasonable.

But the danger now is that people will think that BK *must* make a trade... rather he must NOT make a trade unless he can get better value from it than drafting Horford and Law... nothing's changed there.

munching_out.gif

rapters GM said he's not going to trade Calderon to anyone. They also said he turned down an offer in the top 10 pick for calderon.

With the Amare deal on the downslide, simply drafting Al Horford is the Hawks best possible move at this point. Get Al, plug him in beside Josh Smith down low, and watch the interior defense, rebounding, and toughness on this team improve.

The hawks interior D has improved after picking Shelden (ppg went from 102 to about 97ppg). With 1 yr under his belt and getting more minutes at Center, I think the interior D will continue to improve.

If the Hawks didn't draft Shelden I'm all for Horford but they got to get Conley JR. Jay Bilas and many others have said Conley is the 3rd best prospect in the draft.

What about the 11th pick? They should trade for Camby or trade for next years' first or get a backup SG to JJ.

Quote:

That should have been your first clue that it was bogus. Suns get shafted and the Hawks make out like bandits.

As a Suns fan, I'm not averse to trading Amare if it will improve our team. Trading Amare for Garnett makes us slightly better in the short term but kills us long term. Amare is a 24 year old 1st team All NBA player. KG has 2-3 years left in him at a superstar level. The Suns needed to be compensated for that age gap. Now, if the Hawks shipped Marvin Williams and maybe Childress our way, then it would be more of an even trade. But Amare for ONLY the 3,11 and filler? Not nearly enough for a 24 yr old 1st team All-NBA big man. I admit I was scared about the deal being true since it was being reported by so many different sources. I couldn't believer Kerr would be that stupid. Glad it's all over.

Quote:

Quote:

That should have been your first clue that it was bogus. Suns get shafted and the Hawks make out like bandits.

As a Suns fan, I'm not averse to trading Amare if it will improve our team. Trading Amare for Garnett makes us slightly better in the short term but kills us long term. Amare is a 24 year old 1st team All NBA player. KG has 2-3 years left in him at a superstar level. The Suns needed to be compensated for that age gap. Now, if the Hawks shipped Marvin Williams and maybe Childress our way, then it would be more of an even trade. But Amare for ONLY the 3,11 and filler? Not nearly enough for a 24 yr old 1st team All-NBA big man. I admit I was scared about the deal being true since it was being reported by so many different sources. I couldn't believer Kerr would be that stupid. Glad it's all over.

so you are willing to risk losing a chance to win multiple titles in the next few years? by the time garnett is done so will nash and marion will be close. who will amare have left on the time to win a title? yeah lets not win a few titles now, to win a few more meaningless games in the future. moron lol

Quote:

Quote:

You guys are killed long term whether you like it or not. Nash is not going to dominate for much longer.

Guest Walter

Quote:

With the Amare deal on the downslide, simply drafting Al Horford is the Hawks best possible move at this point. Get Al, plug him in beside Josh Smith down low, and watch the interior defense, rebounding, and toughness on this team improve.

It would be hard not to "improve" with a #3 and #11 pick wouldn't it? It's not about whether we improve, but how much. Drafting a 13/9/1.7 junior, NBA Pf to FOR THE INTENDED PURPOSE OF PLAYING HIM OUT OF POSITION is SW all over again without the stats to back it up.

Is there ONE person out there that believe Horford WANTS to play NBA C?

Is there one person that thinks drafting a player for the intended purpose of playing him OUT OF POSITION is historically or otherwise a good idea?

Come on guys. Quit trying to repeat the same mistake until we get it right. How many times have we drafted players to play the wrong position? We drafted Diaw to play Pg (not so bad...not a top pick). We drafted Childress to play SG. He's a good BU but come on. SW? To play center. Laughable. You just don't spend top picks IN ORDER TO play a player where they are UNDOUBTEDLY going to be less successful. It's hard enough in the NBA to make it. Don't "project" a player OUT OF POSITION that hasn't proven anything but 13/9/1.7 as a junior is somehow noteworthy.

W

Quote:

so you are willing to risk losing a chance to win multiple titles in the next few years? by the time garnett is done so will nash and marion will be close. who will amare have left on the time to win a title? yeah lets not win a few titles now, to win a few more meaningless games in the future. moron lol

Losing a chance to win multiple titles? How? The Suns are still one of the top 3 teams in the league. If it wasn't for Stat and Boris runnning onto the court and their suspensions, the Suns would be Champions right now. Major changes aren't needed, only minor pick ups(Grant Hill, PJ Brown).

But like I said, I'm not totally against Stat for KG, as long as the Suns are compensated for the age gap.