• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could the Hawks be Labron Country?

Diesel

• Premium Member

It's a bit early to call..... But I smell a fix for the Hawks. It's called Labron James.

Can't you see it. A young veteran squad, with all the pieces to make a good run... On the schnide. WHat they need to be competitive is a good SG that can be our Jordan.

This might be a Setup situation.

While televised, Stern will fix it so that the Hawks get Labron James with probably the 2nd pick of the draft.

Here's why.....

1. Atlanta is a market with potential but right now, NOBODY goes to watch the Hawks.

2. James is the most talked about HS talent ever.

3. Atlanta has the team to make Stern's Bird/Johnson dreams come true... It could be James/Kobe.

These are the reasons.

Here's how it happens.

Atlanta finishes in Lotto Range.

Balls go up.

First pick of the draft is Denver.

Second pick of the draft is Atlanta.

Third pick of the draft is Cleveland.

With the first pick on draft night... Denver selects Darko.

With the 2nd pick of the draft... Atlanta Chooses James.

With the 3rd pick of the draft.... Cleveland chooses Anthony.

That's the whole draft class. Everyone else is not in their class. It's like Shaq/Mourning. It's like Kidd/Big Dog/Hill. It's like Brand/Wally/Odom/Miller/Marion...

Atlanta plays...

JT/James/Dog/SAR/Theo.

By Midseason, the Hawks realize that James is the MAN... In order to make him like Jordan, Atlanta has to do the same things that Chicago and LA did... Get rid of Jones, Campbell, and Oakley. Atlanta trades Big Dog for Persons/Williams.

Give me a break! Yeah, they will probably get Arenas but Arenas will play PG not SG. They don't have a decent SG on the roster. No way they turn down all the ticket sales that James will generate. The guy already has his jersey in the Basketball Hall of Fame for goodness sakes!

• Premium Member

Just wait.

If Denver picks first, they go Darko.

As far as a Decent SG... Like I said, they have Tskittsville who they like, Yarbourough, and White. What they need is a C that they can trust. You don't believe they will put the future into the hands of Camby and miss out on a player bigger than Yao do you?

Remember, the most popular player in Nuggets recent history is DEKE.

Do you really think they see 7' Tskitishvili as a SG? I know that European players are taught to play from the outside in, but he'd have to be amazingly quick to keep up with the top SG in the league. I can see him as a SF, but SG? I'm not certain about that. Although, to be fair, I haven't seen a Nuggets game this year, so maybe they are looking at him there.

In my opnion that is one of their weak spots. Yarbourgh isn't a starter in the league that's why he was a second round pick. I don't think Denver will pass on James. The only thing might be is if James doesn't want to go their and forced a trade. No one has mentioned the Grizzlies as possibly winning the Lotto West would love to get their hands on James.

• Premium Member

Denver would have to be successful in getting Both Arenas and Olowakhandi before they'd take James... Mainly Khandi. If that were to happen, they'd have one helluva lineup.

Arenas, James, Camby, Nene, and Khandi man.

Can you say.... Swat City.