• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Very good draft for the Hawks

WraithSentinel

Nothing flashy about the players. They know the game,how to play the game, and are winners. They are ready to play right away. They need time to adjust to the league as any rookie does. We will be very proud of these picks. I know many of you are not happy, but then again what else is new. uglyhammer.gif

It's a near perfect draft for Atlanta. You can't argue much when the Hawks take the best player available and both happen to fill needs for the team. Al Horford gives the Hawks a post presence on both ends of the floor, and Acie Law stabilizes the point guard situation.

This draft didn't go the way i wanted it to since i wanted Conley at 3.

However i think there is one big positive that people are missing. The Hawks may have drafted 2 of the top 3 players drafted by the Eastern Conference, the other being Brewer. The other teams in the East seem like they made bad picks.

The only move from an Eastern team that i like is the JRich/Wright trade that was just announced. JRich will help them a lot. I don't know WTF SAS is talking about.

Well, you wont be happy if you have up to 6 or 7 forwards on one team and draft somebody that plays the same position like the person that you draft last year and it doesnt seems that we wont be trading tonight and if you dont get a good record, then that high draft that we get goes to Suns, no matter what. Yep, we are not happy about this.

The more I step back and think about it, the more I'm feeling good about this draft. First of all, I really do believe that Horford fills a huge need for us. He gives us a legit back-to-the-basket scorer, a strong rebounder, intelligence, and a ton of hustle, athleticism, and strength. In fact, I'm extremely excited about Josh Smith and Al Horford playing together in our front court.

My only problem, however, is that I believe we need an experienced pure PG who can run the floor and distribute to get the most out of Horford, Smoove, Marvin, and Childress, to help get these guys some easy baskets. If we do keep Law I hope he turns into Sam Cassell and hits big shots and learns to run the team - maybe he'll even provide some more offense and slashing, which we could use. But I'm still not sure this was the way to go.

I was really hoping for some kind of trade with the 11th pick - I'm still hoping for one, in fact. I even would have been willing to take Julian Wright or maybe Al Thorton - two guys who I think will be better players than Law and have more trade value - and then look to trade either one of those guys or maybe Josh Childress for a PG. Basically, I'm still hoping for Monta Ellis or Jarrett Jack or even Luke Ridnour. Anyone think it's possible?

Quote:

Well, you wont be happy if you have up to 6 or 7 forwards on one team and draft somebody that plays the same position like the person that you draft last year and it doesnt seems that we wont be trading tonight and if you dont get a good record, then that high draft that we get goes to Suns, no matter what. Yep, we are not happy about this.

I hope and PRAY that English isn't your first language.

The Hawks WILL be trading somebody away in the near future. I don't think they want to have a bunch of people sitting on the sidelines in street clothes.

This team will be ok.

And for the love, enough of the "we should have" talk! What is done is done.. Enough speculation of what "could have" or "should have".

How can anyone sit here and say we have a good/great draft. There was nothing spectacular about this draft at all. We got another 6'9 forward that we want to try at and center. Also we got a PG who shoots 1st cant defend and is not a true point guard. Someone tell me how in the world a can be excited about this. I find the people that love this draft are the same fools loving the Marvin WIlliams and Shelden Williams picks.