• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie Law IV...

djcorley

Is a PG Period.

But, above that he's a winner! He did WHATEVER he had to do to win ball games in college. In most of the games I saw he was a floor general...playing good D and setting up his teammates...His supporting cast wasn't as strong so the assists numbers weren't always there(had many games with double digit assists though)...At the end of games he would will his team to wins while scoring about 1/3 of his points!!

The only thing Acie and Salim have in common is they shoot left handed from outside. THAT'S IT!

Acie has good size...he's a good and willing defender and he's what you need most at PG...A Leader!!!

Great Pick for the Hawks to follow up another great pick!!

AL Horford...he's gonna make alot of people eat crow...You can't really look at his stats as much on a team like Florida IMO...They had 3 players picked in the first 9! Nobody was going to have off the chart stats on that team...If i'm not mistaken they all averaged between 12 and 14ppg??? AL by his teammates admission was the BEST player on the team...Like Acie he did what he had to do to wing games at Florida...which on most nights for him that meant dirty work on offense and defense...In the National Championship game he was the 2nd best player on the floor 18 and 12 that night I believe??? People with think twice about cruising down the lane now(what the hawks need)...He is the best low post defender in the draft(what the hawks need)...He's got an alreay pretty good and still developing post game and he's pretty good to about 17 feet...He and ZaZa will make a great tandem at CENTER in the East

It's seems as though the Hawks had to keep their picks and In doing so they got the two best players for what they need!!!

I give BK and A+..he got two of the most NBA ready guys...high character guys...high basketball IQ guys...leaders...and winners the draft had to offer

We all wanted a veteran big-time move and we may still get it??? It's a long summer.

I agree. Ace is going to be just what the Hawks need at the point. He has that intangible characteristic that winning points must have. He's performed in the clutch over all the other guys in draft.

Horford as I have said before, I was so-so on. Now that I look at the guy and some of the vid on him, I think I have to reconsider. He'll be an excellent, atheletic center for the Hawks. I do believe the guy will play center in the NBA. His size is comparable to many of the centers in the league now, and there is no reason he can't add another 10 to 15 pounds.

I am looking more forward to this year than last. I think the team even as configured today is a 42 win team. saythat.gif

I haven't been 100% sold on either, but I think they were the best guys available for what our team needs. I'm pretty optimistic about both guys - and I hope what you say about Law is legit. If he can really be our PG of the future this draft may end up being the most significant ever for the Hawks.

Love Horford's jump hook. He got it off against bigger opponents and that will serve him well in the NBA.

The most impressive stat on Law is his average points in the last few minutes of games. He just took over several times. Love his size and he will continue to mature some. Both of these guys are about the same age as Smoove and Marvin.