• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Grades...

oiatlhawksfan

HERE IS CHAD FORD'S

Atlanta Hawks Grade: B

Round 1: Al Horford (3); Acie Law (11)

Round 2: None

Analysis: On talent, the Hawks probably should get an A. They got the best power forward and second-best point guard in the draft, filling two very large needs. The two rookies will make the team respectable. But the Hawks passed on the chance to become a dangerous playoff team -- they had a shot at getting Amare Stoudemire for these two picks and walked away. That's why we docked them.

A

Atlanta

The Atlanta Hawks could have botched this draft by taking Yi Jianlian, the Chinese 7-footer. They did the right thing by grabbing Al Horford, the third best player in the draft. The draft was deep enough so they could grab a point guard in Acie Law with the 11th pick. Horford means another forward on the roster for the Hawks, but Horford is prepared to play right away. He will be the best rebounder on the team. Law makes plays in the clutch and is a leader.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19495244/

Atlanta: The Hawks could have traded one or both of their lottery picks for a veteran. Billy Knight kept both and then resisted the temptation to take Conley, opting for quality size in Al Horford instead. Because they were able to get Acie Law with the No. 11 pick, it turned out to be the right move. Horford helps make up for last year's bad pick of Shelden Williams and instantly becomes the top true big man on the roster. Law isn't as explosive as Conley, but will get the job done. He's tough-minded, skilled and will come in and challenge Speedy Claxton and Tyronn Lue for a starting spot. Atlanta filled its two largest areas of need without compromising itself. Still rebuilding, the pieces are starting to come together and ultimately will. By the time they do, fans in the city should be waking up from their slumber in time to notice. Grade: A-

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10240378

Quote:

HERE IS CHAD FORD'S

Atlanta Hawks Grade: B

Analysis: On talent, the Hawks probably should get an A. They got the best power forward and second-best point guard in the draft, filling two very large needs. The two rookies will make the team respectable. But the Hawks passed on the chance to become a dangerous playoff team -- they had a shot at getting Amare Stoudemire for these two picks and walked away. That's why we docked them.

Actually, you didn't paste the whole thing. Here it is:

Quote:

"Atlanta Hawks Grade: B

Bear in mind that I don't have any way of possibly corroborating this, and it's more likely that Steve Kerr did not want to trade his young stud so early in his tenure. As always, it helps to remember that I am an idiot, and I have virtually no clue what I'm talking about. I just like to bash the Hawks because they're an easy target and it makes me feel clever.

P.S. I actually said this about Darko:

“Darko really is one of a kind. He runs the floor, handles the ball, shoots an NBA three and plays with his back to the basket. So you can slot him at the 3, 4 or 5. Okay, a few other guys can do that too; what sets Darko apart is his toughness in the post. You’ve got to love a guy who has the footwork to spin by an opponent but still prefers to lower a shoulder and bang. Fact is, Milicic plays in attack mode at both ends of the floor. The more you push, the more he pushes back.”

Yours truly,

Chad "Hateful Little [censored]" Ford

I like how someone we know is reliable when it comes to the Hawks, Sekou Smith, states unequivocally there was no deal in place for Amare, yet we're to believe Chad Ford's idiotic insistence that we pulled out of this made up deal. Of course he'll never admit he's spouting BS. ESPN doesn't check to see if their "journalists" are lying, so why would he?

B+ Atlanta Hawks

Al Horford (3); Acie Law (11)

GM Billy Knight didn't make the blockbuster trade many Atlanta fans hoped for, but he got value at both first-round spots while filling two of the Hawks' biggest needs. Horford will help their frontcourt, while Law is a legitimate prospect at point guard.

Quote:

Well... over 75% fans like it.

Although I personally would have liked to see a veteran brought in, I don't have a problem with what we did in the draft. I think BK did the best he could with what THE OWNERSHIP made available to him.

WINNER: Atlanta Hawks – The Hawks kept their two lottery picks and landed Al Horford, who should be great, and a much-needed point guard in Texas A&M's Acie Law, who is a cold-blooded scorer down the stretch. Two solid picks by the Hawks. Plus they even avoided picking Yi Jianlian even though a part of the team's ownership group has business interests in China, as was reported this week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Amw3...=yhoo&type=lgns