• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seau about to be traded to Dolphins

Admin

I realize that most of you guys here arent Dolphins fans like I am but this is still a pretty significant movement for a guy like Seau to be traded. The deal is said to go down in a few days officially and will be a 6th rounder to San Diego and Miami will pay Seaus roster bonus due in a few weeks.

Thats a great deal Dolphan. Seau has serious game left he is just disgruntled in San Diego. I'm going to have to call Authur Blank and tell him to steal that deal from you guys. We need someone with a pair to put next to Keith (I get pancaked) Brooking.

Haha well we just gave you guys Twan I will never be a starter Russell lol. If you can imagine how great Seau and Brooking would be, just imagine how much better Zach Thomas and Seau will be. Not that Zach is any more talented than Brooking, but Seau and Thomas are probably the 2 most intelligent MLBs in football. I cant wait to see Miami finally have a decent LB to pair with Zach. I was pissed when Miami didnt make a push for Takeo Spikes or Roosevelt Colvin this offseason, but getting Seau would make things much better.

He would make too much money. We already resigned Draft, and Rogers and Holocek will be back, as far as I know.

If we needed another starting LB, we probably wouldn't have traded Simeneau (who *will* be starting in Philly next year at MLB).

Are you serious you would rather have overstreet then Junior(Im going to the hall of fame) Seau? Overstreet has been injured his whole career, even in college; I dont see why it would change now.

He would cost to much money? LOL you mean like Brooking and his 10 million dollar signing bonus, or Price and his 10 million dollar signing bonus? Blank has been overpaying players all year. Atleast now he would be paying a worthy player.

Besides that Brooking, Seau, Draft, and Stewart would scare the crap out of most teams.

To Dolfan, the only reason I would take Brooking over Zach Thomas is age. Zach is a better MLB than Brooking, Brooking just makes a ton of tackles up field padding his stats.

"Are you serious you would rather have overstreet then Junior(Im going to the hall of fame) Seau? Overstreet has been injured his whole career, even in college; I dont see why it would change now."

I never said I would *rather* have Overstreet than Seau. All things equal, that would be ridiculous. Considering their respective salaries, however, I'll stick with what we have. We just can't afford Seau, and it would damage our team to try to fit him under our cap. What do we do, cut Kerney?

"He would cost to much money? LOL you mean like Brooking and his 10 million dollar signing bonus, or Price and his 10 million dollar signing bonus? Blank has been overpaying players all year. Atleast now he would be paying a worthy player."

I NEVER said that Brooking was worth the money he's paid. I NEVER said that Seau wasn't worthy of a lot of money. The FACT is, we just don't have it. Namely, because we've allocated it to Brooking, Price, Vick, Kerney, Dunn.

"Besides that Brooking, Seau, Draft, and Stewart would scare the crap out of most teams."

Agreed. I love Junior Seau. He's the best LB since LT, in my opinion. True, he is on the downside of his career, now, but he's still so valuable to a defense, mentally and physically. He's an emotional leader, too.

Fact is, if we tried to get him, we'd have to trim salary somewhere else. Given that we still need another DL and DB, we'll stick with what we have behind the line. We also need a starting FB and could use two more hogs just for depth.

Chargers are a shitpick franchise compaired to the

Fins.I did like the CHargers because of Seau,

Rodney Harrison and LaDamian Tomlinson....But

since Seau and Harrison are gone, I don't like

them as much now as before.

Then we agree then. Obviously we don't have the caproom to sign Seau, for we have money tied up in Hall, Buchanan, Whitfield, and other people not worth their contracts. Therfore, we don't really have the room, but we have no chance of getting him anyway. I was simply saying I would like to have him.

To me Bob Whitfield is the classic player that was born good. Hes never really had to work that hard to be good at any level. Now that his physical talents are fading he is fading fast. He is no Jerry Rice (workout rat) thats for sure and his age shows. He gets a lot of penelties because he is trying to get a good jump, so he can keep up with these young fast DE's.

I couldn't believe it when we gave him that huge deal. The worst thing that can happen to a DT is to put up 10 sacks by freak occurence one year. Then you're worth $50 million.

Hall is good, but he's not an all-pro. Dronett was just as good...and just as injury prone.

Buchanan was worth his money 2 years ago. He was a huge difference maker on our super bowl squad.

Whitfield used to be the anchor on our line. Now, he's just one of the guys...but he makes as much as the rest of the guys.

Don't forget Dunn, either. He's not a $5 mil running back.

Blank doesn't understand the cap yet.