• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have moves left to make

DrReality

Looks like the Heat would like to trade for Law:

Riley would not mention the name of the player he targeted with the proposed trade. But with Memphis keyed on Conley with the No. 4 pick, the Heat was most likely in pursuit of Texas A&M guard Acie Law IV, who went 11th to Atlanta. The Heat's last chance to land a point guard it liked ended when the Lakers took Georgia Tech's Javaris Crittenton one spot before Miami.

I agree with all this. I will wait and see what we do this summer. We got 2 really good players that don't really fit our roster (esp Horford). If we can make moves so that the pieces do fit better, I would be excited. I would feel much better about Law if we had a veteran pure PG to groom him. We have nothing but backup score-first type guys and we saw how useless Woody was in getting Salim turned into a true PG. I would feel a lot better about Horford if we had a true center and we only used Horford at C in short "small ball" stints. But even then he would be a backup.

FWIW our lineup really is

• Point guard: Speedy Claxton, Tyronn Lue, Anthony Johnson, Acie Law, Salim Stoudamire

• Shooting guard: Joe Johnson

• Small forward: Marvin Williams, Josh Childress

• Power forward: Josh Smith, Al Horford, Shelden Williams

• Center: Zaza Pachulia, Lorenzen Wright, Solomon Jones

Salim or Chill at SG on D just doesn't work. Unfortunately Salim HAS to play PG, and Chill is clearly a SF. That's a #2, a #3, a #5, a #6, and a #17 pick all at SF-PF.

Why do you want a lousy teams garbage? Ridnour has huge defensive issues. He is as poor a defender as there is in the game.

Presti is purging the Sonics of all poor defenders except Durant. I heard a Sonics assistant front office guy on NBA radio and he said all bad defenders are looking to be moved.

I don't get the Ridnour thing. He shots a low percentage and gets beat off the dribble constantly. You can't win when your PG gets beat into your paint.

NOTE: When a lousy teams demotes a player behind Earl Watson I don't know why you are so anxious to bring him in here.

I also dont think a deal is likely because I believe the Hawks could have traded the other night for Ridnour. The Sonics wanted Stuckey not Law. If a deal was going to happen why did it not happen?

Quote:

Why do you want a lousy teams garbage? Ridnour has huge defensive issues. He is as poor a defender as there is in the game.

Presti is purging the Sonics of all poor defenders except Durant. I heard a Sonics assistant front office guy on NBA radio and he said all bad defenders are looking to be moved.

I don't get the Ridnour thing. He shots a low percentage and gets beat off the dribble constantly. You can't win when your PG gets beat into your paint.

NOTE: When a lousy teams demotes a player behind Earl Watson I don't know why you are so anxious to bring him in here.

I also dont think a deal is likely because I believe the Hawks could have traded the other night for Ridnour. The Sonics wanted Stuckey not Law. If a deal was going to happen why did it not happen?

Honestly, go to the Sonics' board and ask them if they think Ridnour is "garbage." Most of them don't really understand why they'd trade Ridnour for an unproven rookie PG. They seem to agree that his defense isn't great, but they say as a passer he's like a young Jason Williams (when Williams was such a big deal in Sacremento) but without the attitude.

In fact, I feel fairly confident that Hawks' fans would grow to love this guy once they see what he could do for our team. He's really one of the elite passing PG's in the NBA in terms of what he can do for a team on offense.

I mean, this is a guy who played 33 mpg as the starting PG on the second-best offense in the entire league only two years ago. This is a guy who got invited to participate with Team USA because they need some passing on that team. This is a guy who hit .350% of his 3-point shots last season, 85% of his free throws, and has a true-shooting-percentage over 50%.

Do you really think a piece of garbage could do any of those things? Of course, he's not an all-star PG or anything like that, but he still has some potential left. And I think he could be the best attainable option for helping win the most games we possibly can next year, while also helping us finally play an attractive running style of basketball.

(P.S. Ridnour still played 30 mpg for the Sonics last season, so it's not like he really lost his job to Watson. And I've heard that Ridnour wants out just as bad as the Sonics want to trade him, so I don't think it's just a case of getting rid of a terrible player.)

I saw a Sonic's post who noted that his numbers for the first two months of last year were very good. Like 14 points a game and 6 assists. Then the coach undercut his confidence by starting his backup. Sounds like the kind of sitaution that a new start would help.

Quote:

I saw a Sonic's post who noted that his numbers for the first two months of last year were very good. Like 14 points a game and 6 assists. Then the coach undercut his confidence by starting his backup. Sounds like the kind of sitaution that a new start would help.

Maybe it would but I'm glad it's not BK and the Hawks who are taking that chance on him. Law may wind up not being any better but the smart move is to give him the chance.

Dude, don't waist your tiome with Walter.

He argued all year Roy is a PG.

He will argue Yi is a center, though Yi has never played center.

He will argue Hoford is PF, though Hoford started every game the last 2 years at center for the 2 time , back to back, national champions.

Walter was born mad. He is a doom and gloom kind of guy.

Trying to argue with him is pointless. Especially if you want to keep it rational.

Oh ya, Hoford is 10x the center of our former starting center, ZaZa. Not even Walter can argue against that.