• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pau Gasol

jezmund

If Memphis is really considering Chicago's offer of:

Nocioni

Noah

Duhon

....for Gasol then we better get inolved here. You can't tell me that that offer is better than say:

Marvin Williams

Shelden Williams

Zaza Pachulia

Anthony Johnson

Those are very flexible contracts for a team looking to rebuild. Memphis can still go after Nocioni if they really like him or they can throw an offer at Varajeo or Darko. With Mike Conley Jr and Kyle Lowry I don't believe Duhon adds much value to that trade.

MCJ/Lowry/AJ

Miller/Gay

Marvin/Gay

Warrick/Shelden/Swift

Darko/Zaza

That's a pretty good start at rebuilding. Gay/Marvin/Warrick should do well running with MCJ.

We'd have:

Law/Claxton/Lue

Johnson/Salim

Childress

Smith/Horford/Jones

Gasol/Horford/Wright

Obviously a need for a veteran backup at SG/SF and maybe another backup PF/C although I think Solomon can play 10-15 MPG this year if he has really gotten up to 230 lbs.

Quote:

If Memphis is really considering Chicago's offer of:

Nocioni

Noah

Duhon

....for Gasol then we better get inolved here. You can't tell me that that offer is better than say:

Marvin Williams

Shelden Williams

Zaza Pachulia

Anthony Johnson

Those are very flexible contracts for a team looking to rebuild. Memphis can still go after Nocioni if they really like him or they can throw an offer at Varajeo or Darko. With Mike Conley Jr and Kyle Lowry I don't believe Duhon adds much value to that trade.

MCJ/Lowry/AJ

Miller/Gay

Marvin/Gay

Warrick/Shelden/Swift

Darko/Zaza

That's a pretty good start at rebuilding. Gay/Marvin/Warrick should do well running with MCJ.

We'd have:

Law/Claxton/Lue

Johnson/Salim

Childress

Smith/Horford/Jones

Gasol/Horford/Wright

Obviously a need for a veteran backup at SG/SF and maybe another backup PF/C although I think Solomon can play 10-15 MPG this year if he has really gotten up to 230 lbs.

No way Jose. You don't give up 3 quality players and a vet for an overpriced player with no defensive presence.

So tell me,

Who backs up Childress?

If Horford misses a game, do Smoove and Gasol play 48 minutes? Look at the players you have in that depth chart. Solomon and Lorenzen.

Don't sacrifice our whole front court for a soft scorer with no defensive intimidation

I agree 100% that there was no depth. That is really my ONLY concern with that deal. I do believe both Jones and Wright could give us 10-12 MPG if necessary. I think Josh Smith, Al Horford and Pau Gasol would be quite a 3-headed montster at PF/C. You are probably right, though, we give up too much depth for the one player.

You don't have to sign big name players for the bench.

Role players will player anywhere.They just want to play.

They are cheap backups on the fa market that could be signed to 1 or 2 year contracts.

Look.

You are right.

But that deal makes our front court thin. Solomon is nice, but he needs to stay on the bench and watch more games. 10 MPG for him at this point is a bit excessive.

We need to be at the point where players like Freije, Bozeman, Solomon, Medvedenko, and Lorenzen will NEVER start for this team. we must be the only team in NBA history who has started every player in the lineup at least once in a season.

Could we still make that deal and stay under the cap? Isn't that an issue with Belkin?

I'd love to add Gasol and keep Horford and Smith...that frontcourt would be ridiculous....JJ and Law in the backcourt....

We can worry about depth later, with that core, we're good enough for playoffs next year and can contend for eastern conference if a few things go our way.

I'll take that anyday over waiting for Marvin to pull a Rashard Lewis and waiting for Shelden to grow 4 inches to play center.

While I think that core is ridiculously talented and has killer potential, Josh Smith seems to be the consensus PF on this team, so moving him to SF may not be in our best interest. I would love to add a Gasol-type player though. I just want to maintain some depth.

Quote:

While I think that core is ridiculously talented and has killer potential, Josh Smith seems to be the consensus PF on this team, so moving him to SF may not be in our best interest. I would love to add a Gasol-type player though. I just want to maintain some depth.

I'd love to keep depth too. But if we ended up trading Shelden and Marvin for Gasol I don't think many Hawks fans would be upset. Maybe we can try to keep Zaza and throw another expiring their way.

That's true, but I have a hard time seeing BK trading Marvin. If Marvin is stinking it up in December, I do expect some trade rumors to start floating around. I am interested to see what Marvin does this coming fall.

I would've killed to have seen that #3 + Marvin + filler for Dwight Howard trade.

We should be fine though. I think if Horford was an inch or two taller with that body of his, he'd be golden.

I cannot wait to see what Hakeem has taught Smoove. Hopefully that dream shake will put some fans in the seats

Where in my trade proposal does Josh Smith not play a majority of his minutes at PF?

There are 96 minutes to disperse among Josh Smith, Pau Gasol and Al Horford at the 4 and 5 spots.

Law(24)/Claxton(24)

Johnson(36)/Salim(12) >> I'd rather sign a vet SG/SF

Childress(32)/Smith(8)/{8 minutes leftover for a FA}

Smith(28)/Horford(12)/Jones(8)

Gasol(36)/Horford(12)/Wright

Use Tyronn Lue to acquire an expiring veteran wing to backup Childress and Joe.

I like that team....

saloony had him playing sf

and in ur scenario, if chill is injured, smoove plays sf...plus u have him playing 8 mins as backup, when really chill is jj's backup, so smoove will have to play more than 8 mins at sf

but it was directed at saloony and then agreeing with someone else who addressed that post

Guest Walter

Quote:

Marvin Williams

Shelden Williams

Zaza Pachulia

Anthony Johnson

This really is a no brainer to me. WHY? Because we we need a superstar (Gasol is close) and we MUST do a 2 (or more) for 1 deal within the next year anyhow. WE have, count'em, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, SIX prospects! FIVE at the forward positions. ZaZa's deal comes up next year I believe also. AJ is a throw in. We MUST make 2 (or more) for 1 deals SOON or else we will simply be in a corner.

My personal opinion is that Horford presents the PERFECT frontcourt compliment to Gasol (and vice versa). Gasol isn't a true center in this league and needs a big, physical Pf without liabilities to play next to him. Horford was not a shot blocker in college and may not be one in the pros, particularly at center, but he should be able to play the tougher assignments regardless of whether at Pf or C freeing up Gasol to be THE post option and block numerous shots (which he does very well).

I also like the tandem of JJ and Gasol. Almost ideal inside, outside game possibilities. JS fits in nicely. Law, while not the perfect set up man at Pg prospect for this group, would be an ideal shooter which we would need after going inside, outside and then swinging the ball around to Law.

We'd also still have a small, quick lineup with either Horford or Gasol at C, JS at Pf, JC at SF...Frankly, that isn't unlike the lineup people are proposing RIGHT NOW, only this one is significantly more talented.

I like the idea of getting Hakim back. If not look to Diop, Darko, others for FA help. It wouldn't even have to be a true center, just at least a Pf/C.

W

I'd love to see Smith spend a lot of time at PF myself.

With a trade for Gasol, our team success will necessitate Smith, Horford, and Gasol being on the floor at the same time and finding a way to make it work.

Even without a trade, Horford, Smith, Marvin have to be able to coexist on the court at the same time as well.

I THINK (hoping) Horford and Smith have slightly different games and may be able to complement each other well. I don't see Josh Smith as the classic lumbering sort of PF that parks himself in the low block and does his thing so I'm hoping the combination could work.

I think giving Marvin's age and current salary, he may be more attractive than Nocioni (to an extent).

The other part of the deal, Shelden vs. Noah, probably depends on Memphis...hopefully the see some game in Shelden, which would make this a deal they want to make.

Zaza may be necessary though to get it done.

But I have SERIOUS doubts about our ownership being willing to bring Gasol here. Given BK's history, I'm sure he has fielded phone calls to Memphis already.

That's a GREAT deal. For both sides. Which is why it won't happen, I guess.

Horford/Gasol would be a killer frontline. I think Josh Smith might be a little lost at SF with that lineup - he's just not a good enough jump shooter. It wouldn't matter. We'd still be a top 4 team in the East in short order.