• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gridiron Dynasty - Rockne DII

joannes3000

Recruit rankings are in and we brought home the #22 class in the country and the 3rd best class in the conference. Division rival Minnesota State had the best recruiting class (16) and Humboldt State had the 2nd best class (21). That means the gap will theoretically widen a little more in upcoming seasons, but we shall see. The offensive pieces we brought in can make up a lot of ground with 3 of the top 10 offensive players on our team.

The WR we lost to Minnesota State turned out to be the #5 recruit in the conference, which stings a little now that I look at it. Had we landed him I could've easily had a top 20 class, but we'll be plenty competitive regardless. Next season the focus will switch toward the defensive side of the ball.

Following is a link to the top 50 recruits in our conference. One thing to note is that STR is highly undervalued in RBs and the vast majority of coaches feel it is more of a core attribute over ATH or even SPD:

Enjoy

Non-Conference Play

8/25/2007 Saint Joseph`s

8/26/2007 Missouri Western State

Conference Play

8/27/2007 at North Dakota

-----------

The first three games of the season are highlighted by Missouri Western State coming to our house for the second game of the season. That game could easily set the tone for the remainder of the season, as MWS is only two seasons removed from a NC. The two teams that sandwich MWS on the schedule are sims, making for a good tune-up game and a good hangover (regardless if we win or lose) game.

-----------

We might be trying something new this season on offense, which will be to employ more offensive formations. In the never-ending attempt to reinvent myself as a coach, I am going to run multiple offenses for two reasons.

The first reason is because I plan on running 3 or more offenses at DIAA and DIA. Practice makes perfect, and I want to start now before I get to DIAA. The second reason is because it provides a curveball element to teams that are used to seeing my successful, yet oh so predictable, offense.

The biggest downside is that since I will not be practicing the new offenses at all, they will more than likely be far less efficient than I would like them to be. I'm willing to live with the increased penalties from those sets as well as the sloppy play (shorter yards gained, incomplete passes, etc.), however, in order to force coaches to strategize more when they play me.

The first game of the season will be a good time to test the new offensive game plan, and it will be interesting to see the results against MWS.

With the college football season about to get underway, WhatIfSports is happy to announce the arrival of the Gridiron Dynasty update! Here’s a quick snapshot of what the new version includes:

• A totally revamped user interface incorporating college-specific colors.

• A new game plan system in which you can create and assign multiple game plans to be used and shared across all your teams across all worlds. Plus, you can now assign up to 5 game plans for any individual game.

• An expanded depth chart that now allows 10 players per position.

• An improved schedule that now includes 5 non-conference games, 1 game against each division opponent, and 1 game against 3 of the teams from the other division in your conference.

• Coaches can now schedule their own non-conference games for the upcoming season

• A 5th “BCS” bowl has been added to match the #1 and #2 ranked teams in a WIS Championship Game.

• Playoff seedings have been adjusted so that the #1 and #2 ranked teams can’t meet until the playoff finals.

• Player fatigue/substitutions have been completely redesigned and calibrated for more realistic results.

• DIA schools that have been coached by the AI will now lower their expectations for new coaches, making it easier to move up. Going along with this, the success rating of coaches has been tweaked slightly.

• We’ve greatly expanded the number of stats tracked and displayed throughout the game. Remember, though, these are stats that can only be tracked going forward so they won’t include any previously played games.

• The play-by-play has been expanded so that you can now view who’s on the field – including their fatigue -- for every play of the game.

Since the magnitude of the change is so large, we’ll be shutting down the game tomorrow morning (around 8:00 AM on Tuesday, August 28th). We expect the new version to be up and running by 7:00 PM the same day, assuming we get all of the necessary approvals.

We’ll also be pushing back every world’s schedule by 1 week - no games will be played after the second half ends today and no recruiting responses will be received after this cycle completes. This will allow everyone enough time to familiarize themselves with the new interface and play around with the new game plan feature before resuming play on Tuesday, September 4th. This means the next batch of games won’t have their first halves played until the normal 2:30 AM EST cycle on Tuesday, September 4th and no additional recruiting actions will be processed until that time.

Once we’ve unveiled the new version of the game, you’ll be able to read more complete details on all the new functions in the game in the Gridiron Dynasty portion of the Knowledge Base. Additionally, we’ll be holding a Developer Chat on Thursday, August 30th to talk about the changes and answer any additional questions that you may have.

We’re very excited to be bringing you the next chapter in Gridiron Dynasty. The features contained in the update were based on comments and suggestions made by our users over the past couple years. We want to thank everyone for continuing to help us make the best college football simulation game on the market. We look forward to your feedback regarding the update; the best way to voice your suggestions and feedback is through our customer support system.

In conclusion, enjoy a great week – the start of the college football season and the latest version of Gridiron Dynasty!

------------

The most noticeable thing about the update is the visual aspect of the game. When you access your team office(s), it is decked out in the team(s) colors. Other small changes to the layout and general accessibility make things much easier once you get used to things. I've been playing a little over a year now and these changes alone were HUGE and the game has that new car scent again.

I think the game engine has remained the same for the most part. I think the biggest change is how stamina loss is calculated, with much more emphasis being placed on what actually happens each play. In the past QBs fatigue at the same rate regardless if they're throwing a pass or handing the ball off to a RB. Hopefully now, the only players that will rotate on a regular basis will be the OL and players truly engaged in a given play.

Depth charts have also been expanded to 10 slots for each position, helping to minimize players playing out of position. In the past you only had 6 depth slots for the OL. So after your #1 backup subs in, the game chose who was best suited to come in. This usually wasn't a problem, but the extra slots will help make sure that I will have as few players playing out of position as possible.

The 5/8 schedule is going to be huge also. Now we get a true rotating conference schedule, and more emphasis will be placed on scheduling OOC teams. Honestly I think this will only matter at DIII and DIA. At DIII, there are a ton of 2 loss teams that don't make it due to SOS. Now you have 5 games to determine your SOS. And at DIA, SOS is paramount with bowl selections.

We have a week off until all the worlds resume and I've already got my teams locked and loaded. thumb3d.gif

• 2 weeks later...

9/1/07 Saint Joseph`s -20.5 7-56 W

9/2/07 #21 Missouri Western State +0.5 21-28 W

9/3/07 at North Dakota -18.5 55-3 W

---------

Saint Joseph's marked the first game of our new offensive game plan. We showcased 4 offenses, adding Pro/I formations to the staple NDB and Trips. We ran for 404/6 and passed for 144/2.

We passed our early test with a classic matchup at home. I trimmed back to 3 offenses for this game, going with Pro/Trips/NDB. Our defense held up in the 4th quarter, much to my content. We had two huge defensive stands, one ending in a punt and one ending on our 2 yard line to finish the game. We ran for 114/1 and passed for 210/3.

North Dakota got crushed as our triple threat offense kept rolling. We ran for 330/5 and passed for 295/3.

---------

Going into the 1 week layoff while GD 2.0 is implemented, I'm liking how our team is performing so far. The new-look offense is providing the element of surprise I was hoping for and our offensive production hasn't suffered noticeably even with an unpracticed offense.

Our defensive performance against Missouri Western State gives me a very positive outlook for the remainder of the season. Last season we would've folded under pressure but this season our young bucks seem up to the task so far.

The game update comes at an inconvenient time, with our first opponent being a human team. I wish it could've been against a sim team so I could get a chance to work out whatever kinks I may have with the update. We do get 3 sim games in the next 4, however, which will help a lot because Humboldt State is coming to town shortly.

---------

9/4/07 at Augustana

9/5/07 at St. Cloud State

9/6/07 at South Dakota State

9/4/07 at Augustana -8.5 40-10 W

9/5/07 at St. Cloud State -23.5 48-14 W

9/6/07 at South Dakota State -22.5 49-9 W

---------

The first game back against Augustana was a success. We ran for 174/1 and passed for 305/4.

St. Cloud got knocked around, yet we're still trying to get the kinks worked out on offense and defense. We ran for 215/5 and passed for 388/1.

The South Dakota State game was the first where it looks like my offensive settings are where they need to be. We ran for 254/3 and passed for 352/4.

---------

My biggest concern at this point is the fact that my first two games after the update had a WR with the 2nd most carries. Against Augustana, my #1 RB had 9 carries, a WR had 8 carries, and my #2 RB had 6 carries. Against St. Cloud, my #1 RB had 10 carries, the WR had 6 carries, and my #2 RB had 5 carries. Against South Dakota State, my #1 RB had 12 carries, the WR had 2 carries, and my #2 RB had 5 carries.

The changes to stamina had me scrambling to find proper effectiveness %s for my RBs. Clearly, my settings prior to the update won't work now. I've had to tone down my effectiveness in order to keep my RBs in longer, which means I will be putting a bigger premium on stamina during recruiting.

Another concern I have is that we've been giving up a lot of deep passing plays, typically on 3rd down. This has been happening even against sim teams so I'm willing to bet I need to tone down my effectiveness %s on defense also. I have two more games to get everything in order before our showdown with Humboldt State. Speaking of sim teams, they aren't nearly the pushovers they were before the update. I've handled them just fine so far, but they do a much better job of game planning instead of just being 1 offense/defense punching bags.

---------

9/7/07 North Dakota State

9/8/07 Western Washington

9/9/07 #11 Humboldt State

9/7/07 North Dakota State 6-70 W

9/8/07 Western Washington 10-28 W

9/9/07 #13 Humboldt State 34-37 (OT) W

---------

North Dakota State confirmed that I have found the right effectiveness for my RBs. Of the 38 times we called a run play, only 2 carries went to a non-RB. We ran for 341/3 and passed for 346/7.

Western Washington was a good tuneup against a human team before our game against Humboldt. We ran for 143/1 and passed for 230/3.

Oh, sweet revenge! We were itching for this rematch after Humboldt sent us home in the playoffs last year. Humboldt came within 3 points early in the 4th and although our defense played well, their kicker boomed a FG from 57 yards away to tie the game.

We were driving at their 40 with 7 minutes to go when we inexplicably turned the ball over on a fumble.

We were driving again with just under 2 minutes to go, only to miss a 45 yard FG of our own.

With 38 seconds to go and my heart in my stomach, Humboldt lined up for a 58 yard FG. The entire stadium let out a collective sigh of relief as it didn't go through.

We won the coin toss and after giving up a 15 yard pass, we forced a fumble on the 2nd play in OT to get the ball. Our kicker made good on a 40 yard FG to send Humboldt to their first regular season loss in 11 years!

---------

We have one final roadblock in the way this season, and like last year, it's Minnesota State. While they have already lost a game (to Humboldt) this year, if they beat us they will own the head-to-head tiebreaker as I fully expect both of our teams to win our remaining games with ease. Minnesota beat us at home last year with that 16 point 4th quarter comeback, so they won't be scared coming to our house again this year.

---------

9/10/07 at Central Washington

9/11/07 at South Dakota

9/12/07 #22 Minnesota State

9/13/07 Western Oregon

My guys were worn out after the win against Humboldt and barely showed up to beat Central Washington. We ran for 219/3 and passed for 202/1. 28-14 W

Thankfully we got back on track against South Dakota, the final tuneup before our rematch against Minnesota State. We ran for 267/4 and passed for 249/2. 42-7 W

Finally, the game to decide the CC berth! We were up 21-17 at the half, but should've been up 21-10 if not for an 86 yard bomb with 2 minutes until halftime. Minnesota state got the ball to start the half and immediately took the lead on a TD pass. Punts were exchanged before we retook the lead on a TD pass of our own. We forced a fumble on Minnesota State's next possession and drove for another TD just before the start of the 4th quarter. shhh.gif

Our defense gets a stop on the first drive of the quarter, giving us the ball with a little under 12 minutes. 3 minutes later we're forced to punt on 4th and 20, no thanks to an offensive PI call on what would've led to a backbreaking TD. Minnesota State drives for another TD, leaving us with a 35-30 lead and 5 minutes on the clock. We managed to drain the clock down to 1:14 before punting away, giving Minnesota State the ball at their 34.

Facing 4th and 8 on their 36, we come up with a sack and end the game. Our defense not only held up, but ended up with the game-ending stop! nana.gif30-35 W

The final game of the regular season against Western Oregon was a tuneup for the CC against... Humboldt. We ran for 178/3 and passed for 274/2. 14-38 W

----------

There wasn't much time for celebration after the completion of UNO's first ever undefeated regular season. Humboldt State is eagerly awaiting their rematch, and SR RB Jonathan Morrison has been dying since we handed Humboldt their first regular season loss in over a decade. Morrison missed our first matchup due to injury and I wasn't complaining. He ran for 1827 yards (8.2 ypc) and 30 TDs after missing 3 full games and parts of 2 more. He is one player I won't miss for a second after he graduates.

----------

9/14/07 #13 Humboldt State - Conference Championship Game

Even though we beat Humboldt earlier this season, I know we didn't earn it with Humboldt's All-American RB out for the game. This time around, Humboldt is locked and loaded.

---------

We opened the 1st quarter eager to prove we belong on the same field, driving 65 yards for a TD in 5 minutes and only facing 3rd down once. Humboldt replies with a 5 minute TD drive of their own which was spearheaded by Morrison. On our next drive we took a gamble on 4th and 1 from their 47 and went for it. Our own star RB David Lowery coughed up the ball but we recovered it and got a 1st down. We then hit a dazed defense in the mouth with a 33 yard bomb that led to a TD two plays later. The first quarter ended with us winning 14-7 and Humboldt with the ball at their 14.

Out of nowhere, our defense surrenders a game-tying 79 yard TD pass to open the 2nd quarter. nol2.gif Rule #1 of engineering an upset - PLAY SOUND DEFENSE Our first drive of the quarter stalled but we kicked a 46 yard field goal to retake the lead, 17-14. Humboldt takes the next possession and takes the lead right back with a 5 minute TD drive. On our next possession we caught their secondary napping, going 67 yards (4 straight completions) in 2 minutes for another lead-changing TD. We left too much time on the clock, however, and give the lead right back 2 minutes later with another TD drive. A missed XP leaves us down 24-27 at the half with Humboldt receiving the ball.

Rule #2 of engineering an upset - STOP THE OPPONENT'S FIRST DRIVE OF THE SECOND HALF We stopped Humboldt dead in their tracks to open the 3rd quarter, forcing a 3 and out. bannana_guitar.gif We unceremoniously follow that effort with a 3 and out of our own. irked.gif After not showing up for the entire next drive, our defense starts playing when it's 2nd and goal from our 6. We miraculously force a FG on 4th and goal from the 1, leaving us down only 30-24. Three plays later we throw a pick, giving Humboldt the ball at our 43. scared.gif Our defense saves us yet again, forcing a punt. After 10 minutes we're fortunate to only be down by 6 when we could've easily been down by 17. Our offense shows up finally, driving 81 yards in 5 minutes to close out the quarter with a TD. Going into the final frame we have the lead, 31-30.

Once again our defense gets their heads out of their asses in the nick of time by forcing yet another FG, this time from our 6 yard line. With 10 minutes to go, we look like a team of destiny. We engineer a masterful drive that spans 72 yards and 5 1/2 minutes. We failed on the 2pt. conversion, leaving us with a 37-33 lead. Remember that 79 yard pass back in the 2nd quarter? Yeah, it happened again. To the same damn TE. As good as our defense had played from that TD pass, it all vanished in 8 seconds. bluegrab.gif We went 3 and out on our next series, punted, and never saw the ball again. Game over.

40-37

----------

All-world RB Jonathan Morrison? 20 carries for 118 yards and 2 TDs. Against fellow powerhouse Minnesota State he went 176 yards and 1 TD in 1 less carry. If you would've told me we would hold Morrison to 118 yards and 2 TDs, I would've thought we won.

Turnovers? We only had 1 all game long! We also didn't force any, and when you lose by 3 you wish you could've forced at least one.

Our offense? We put up the 2 highest point totals on Humboldt all year; both times scoring 37. Minnesota State put up the 2nd most points against Humboldt - 27.

You know what killed me? Those two *$*^#$@! bombs. And it wasn't to SR WR Michael Haas who caught 80 balls for 1740 yards and 19 TDs. It was to his @#%!$* partner in crime, TE William Hill (69 rec, 1406 yards, 11 TDs). That really burns me up.

I knew they were targeting the TE with conservative passing. I had my best cover LBs on his ass all game long. I knew he was going to throw over half the time out of I formation. I couldn't switch to a 4-3, though, because I didn't want Morrison to run rampant. We held Michael Haas to 2 catches, 29 yards, and no TDs. You know how badly William Hill abused me? It went to the tune of 10 receptions, 262 yards, and two TDs. I gave up 158 of those yards and both of those TDs on two plays. I need a cigarette.

--------

I haven't even looked at who I'm playing in the playoffs yet, but my 1st round opponent better be ready. We played a hell of a game against a hell of a team and came up short. To say we're hungry is an understatement.

9/15/07 #25 Presbyterian

-----------

Presbyterian is in the first year of a new coach after having been a sim team for the past two seasons. While I was scouting them, they looked the part. With only 4 RBs on the roster I didn't expect them to have much of a running attack, and they don't. For the season they played a fairly balanced offense, having run the ball ~100 more times than they passed.

I wasn't terribly impressed with their offense, however, as they don't have any real playmakers at WR and while they have some good RBs, their OL isn't talented enough to get it done in the playoffs. My DL is better across the board than their OL, which should make for a long day either running or passing.

Moving on to their defense, they have a solid DB and LB group but their DL will be their downfall. My OL should have no problem opening running lanes for my RBs and they should have no problem keeping pressure off my QB.

I'm planning on running the ball right at them on offense and forcing them to stop me on the ground.

--------

We open the first quarter with a return to their 47, setting up a short field. 6 plays and 4 minutes later (4 run, 2 pass) we're in the endzone. Presbyterian comes out throwing from 4 different offensive sets and we surrender a TD. We exchange punts as both of our defenses get into gear, but we enter the 2nd quarter storming into their redzone.

We finish our 1st quarter drive with a TD to start the 2nd quarter. Presbyterian is still chucking the ball like crazy, this time showing a 5th formation. Facing 3rd and goal from our 13, however, our defense stands tall and forces an INT. Starting from our 7 yard line with 7 minutes to go, we drive the length of the field for a momentum-changing TD. We force a 3 and out on their next possession, getting the ball back nearly at midfield with 42 seconds on the clock. We quickly get within FG range and bang home a 47 yard FG as time expires to take a 24-7 lead into halftime.

Presbyterian fizzles on their opening drive as our defense forces a 3 and out, but we fail to capitalize. We failed to convert on a 3rd and 4 from their 27 and missed the ensuing FG attempt. Presbyterian makes good on their 2nd possession, however, driving 73 yards in 6 minutes for a TD. Our offense seems disinterested at this point, going 3 and our ourselves and punting the ball yet again. shrug.gif Thankfully, our defense picks up the slack, picking off another pass to kill a drive shortly after Presbyterian crosses midfield. We end the quarter with the ball, hoping to make the final frame as uneventful as possible.

The offense seemed to wake up to open the 4th, driving for a TD that put us up 31-14. I guess it was our defense's turn for a nap, however, giving up a 71 yard bomb (FCK!) on Presbyterian's first play of the 4th. Our offense seemed just as concerned as I was about the defense, going on a sustained drive that ate up 7 1/2 minutes that ended in a FG. Punts were exchanged, and Presbyterian was left with too little time to mount a comeback.

34-21

---------

Our next game is against Bowie State, who pulled a monumental upset of #2 seeded Fort Valley State. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm much happier to see Bowie State in the 2nd round. grin.gif

---------

9/16/07 at #25 Bowie State

-----------

Bowie State will likely have the same problems that Presbyterian had. Our OL shouldn't have a problem against their DL, which should help pave the way for our RBs. On the flipside, their OL is good but I think our DL is a little bit better.

-----------

Bowie State starts with the ball in the first quarter but is forced to punt after a fairly successful drive stalled at our 43. They came out throwing fairly heavily, which caught us off guard. Our first possession was cut short by a holding penalty that turned a 1st down into a 4th down and a punt. Bowie State continues to throw heavily and 62 yards in 2 plays for the first TD of the game. Our next possession stalls, again, on their 40 yard line and we punt. Again. Our defense settled in, however, forcing a 3 and out. The first quarter ended with us down 0-7, but we were driving toward the red zone.

We opened the 2nd quarter with a TD to tie the game at 7. Our defense holds again, forcing another 3 and out. On our next possession, we decided to try and gain some momentum by going for it at midfield on 4th and 2. We converted, and 2 plays later we were took a 14-7 lead. Our defense forces a 3rd consecutive 3 and out, and our offense doesn't even have to convert a 3rd down on it's way to another TD. With just under 2 minutes to go, Bowie State was marching downfield but they ran out of time before they could even attempt a FG. At he half, we've got a comfortable 21-7 lead and get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Our first possession of the 3rd quarter fizzles as we give up a sack on 3rd down and are forced to punt away. Bowie State looks to have adjusted at halftime to more of a ground game, which is what we had hoped for. They catch our defense on it's heels, but we held them to a FG on their first possession. With just under 7 minutes to go, we strung together a masterful TD drive that leaves us up 28-10 heading into the 4th quarter.

The 4th quarter opens with yet another 4 and out for Bowie State. On our possession we drain the clock down to 10 minutes before punting the ball away. Bowie State then drives 80 yards in 6 minutes for a TD, closing the gap to 28-17. We recover their onside kick but fail to score on a short field, punting after another 3 and out. We strip the ball on Bowie's next possession, ending any hopes for a comeback.

28-17

-----------

Our quarterfinal game is against #1 seed and #1 ranked Tusculum.

------------

09/17/07 at Tusculum

-------

Unlike my two previous opponents, Tusculum has the advantage on both sides of the line. Their OL grade higher than my DL, and the same can be said about their DL compared to my OL. That said, our offense will have to pass to win and our defense will have it's hands full with all-world QB Douglas Osborn.

-------

A 52-20 blowout doesn't get the same writeup as usual. We hung tough for approximately 1 quarter before yielding to a superiorly talented team. Here's the scoring summary:

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

TC 11:19 James Warner 9 yard pass from Douglas Osborne (Charles Dixon kick) 0 7

TC 6:58 Thomas Lyons 13 yard pass from Douglas Osborne (Charles Dixon kick) 0 14

UNO 1:52 Douglas Yang 18 yard pass from Bruce Jackson (McKinley kick) 7 14

2nd Quarter

TC 13:33 William Steele 6 yard pass from Douglas Osborne (Charles Dixon kick) 7 21

TC 3:54 Thomas Lyons 6 yard pass from Douglas Osborne (Charles Dixon kick) 7 28

TC 0:37 William Steele 11 yard pass from Samuel Barnes (Charles Dixon kick) 7 35

3rd Quarter

TC 7:31 Charles Dixon 36 yard field goal 7 38

TC 3:53 John Cano 1 yard run (Charles Dixon kick) 7 45

4th Quarter

UNO 13:34 Bruce Young 3 yard run (Charles McKinley kick) 14 45

TC 7:28 Michael Barnes 4 yard run (Charles Dixon kick) 14 52

UNO 2:51 David Lowery 1 yard run (David Lowery 2pt. rush failed) 20 52

When it was all said and done, we had surrendered 391 passing yards. Any hopes of staying close in the 2nd quarter were dashed as we had consecutive drives killed by INTs that led to TD drives. Another INT on our first possession of the 3rd quarter left us playing only for our pride.

-----------

Our season comes to a grinding halt today, but not before achieving the highest win total in UNO's history at 15. Next season we hope to have another deep run, which may very well be my last season before moving up to DIAA in this world as well. We'll see how the rigors of the season treat me.

Our OOC schedule is packed with quality talent, as I chose to schedule as many quality teams as I could get. And after posting an undefeated regular season, I'm not nearly as scared to face Humboldt as I was before.

at #6 Michigan Tech 15-1 6 slush5

#22 Colorado-Mines 11-4 22 wizbang1943

Miles 9-4 42 zeuspole

at #2 Bryant 14-1 2 daCommunist

at Assumption 8-5 45 jwalls

---------

I'll break down our returning personnel in a little while.

Welcome to Appalachian State, Coach! We are thrilled to have you leading our program and we are sure that you can lead us to great success.

Brooks Potts

President

Appalachian State University

Andre King

Athletic Director

Appalachian State University

----------

All good things must come to an end, and my tenure at Nebraska-Omaha ended this morning. A terrific opportunity presented itself in the form of DIAA Appalachian State. Given the chance for another promotion, this time to an up-and-coming squad from the Southern Conference, was enough for me to walk away from the budding foundation I helped build at UNO.

Appalachian State is fresh off of a 11-3 campaign, so they are far from being ripe for success like UNO. There is a solid core of players returning however, and we will have a veteran squad with only 10 open scholarships to fill. In moving to the Southern Conference I get a chance to renew my rivalry with former ASC coach fastec27. Getting one step closer to DIA also played a pivotal role in my decision to move on after two successful years at DII.