• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The New Hawks-Nicknames!!

Wurider05

Quote:

Okay fellas it is time to coin Law's and Horford nicknames. We have to give Marvin one as well.

Marvins is easy, since he really shines during this time of the game he should be "The Garbage Man"

And Acie Law "The Sheriff"

Horford, I'm not sure. He is pretty lean with braod shoulders. Nothing ringing a bell with him. Maybe a UF fan could chime in.

P.S. if you haven't caught a look at the dancers on the hawks website, wow, what are those girls doing standing outside in their bras?

heart.gif

Quote:

Acie Law (Name is cool enough by itself)

Marvelous Marvin Williams

The GodFather (Horford's nickname by Billy Donovan)

Marvelous Marvin Williams? Based on what?

Godfather is cool, and Acie Law is cool as well. But what the crap does Marvin Williams have to do with Marvelous?

Quote:

Marvelous Marvin Williams? Based on what?

Godfather is cool, and Acie Law is cool as well. But what the crap does Marvin Williams have to do with Marvelous?

Lol

It's just the nickname that Marvin Hagler the boxer had.

I think it's got a nice ring to it

Or maybe we can call him "The X-Factor" seeing that him breaking out to justify where he was picked may ultimately be the difference in how far this team goes.

Ok, first off

Josh Smith is AEROSMITH!! didnt come up with it myself, but it's perfect

MARVELOUS MARVIN sounds pretty smooth. once he can get his game to match it. i'm just not ready to call him marvelous yet until he helps get us to the playoffs

Quote:

It's just the nickname that Marvin Hagler the boxer had.

I've always thought of Marvin Williams as 'Marvelous Marvin', and that's the reason why. Marvin Hagler, holy sh*t what a fighter. I've been a boxing fan since I was a kid, and Hagler was always one of my favorites. The first fighter to ever go a full 15 rounds vs. Roberto Duran in a championship fight, and Hagler won by unanimous decision. He was a TOUGH mother-f'er, and one of the best of his generation, back when the fight game really meant something and the boxing ranks were filled with star-power. The good ol' days, in other words......and they are gone, gone, gone.

haglerhearns.jpg