Guest Walter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

This is a good wager because no matter who wins...Hawksquawk wins.

I got 5 on Horford

I think you may to go with another player because Yi may not participate.

Guest Walter

Quote:

PPG is meaningless if you shoot at a horrible efficiency. Mere PPG shouldn't be the bet, if it is then it is skewed.

It's PPG. Take it or leave it. It would seem supporters of the "NBA-ready" "uber-talent" Horford wouldn't cry foul and run from a level playing field.

In fact, the RMR competition is generally less so Horford should have an advantage.

It's a simple bet. Show your support for either player as the pick or not. Take it or leave it. Just don't try to make it into some super-complex yet worthless wager.

W

OK I'm down...5 big ones on Horford....my reason....Acie will want to show that he can be a distributing PG...and Yi just had his best game as a summerleague player.

Horford will get 15 ppg...and that will overtake Yi's pitiful work in the following games!

saythat.gif

(do I really belive it ???...prolly not)

Quote:

In fact, the RMR competition is generally less so Horford should have an advantage.

It's sad when you have to make false claims to TRY and prove your point. Every summer league roster is the same, they have a few draft picks from their last few seasons and a bunch of NBDL'ers trying out for the team. The Vegas league is no more talented than the RMR.

Quote:

Just don't try to make it into some super-complex yet worthless wager.

Taking efficiency into account is not a "super-complex" idea. One could go 6/21 with 15 points compared to the other's 5/7 for 12 points. The one who scored more points was obviously not the better offensive player. Your bet doesn't address that at all. Yi is also playing on a worse team than most summer league teams, thus giving him more opportunities. I'd rather see him with the Bucks summer league team.

Guest GHook4

Quote:

Quote:

It's sad when you have to make false claims to TRY and prove your point. Every summer league roster is the same, they have a few draft picks from their last few seasons and a bunch of NBDL'ers trying out for the team. The Vegas league is no more talented than the RMR.

Quote:

Just don't try to make it into some super-complex yet worthless wager.

Taking efficiency into account is not a "super-complex" idea. One could go 6/21 with 15 points compared to the other's 5/7 for 12 points. The one who scored more points was obviously not the better offensive player. Your bet doesn't address that at all. Yi is also playing on a worse team than most summer league teams, thus giving him more opportunities. I'd rather see him with the Bucks summer league team.

Walter --> chairs.gif <-- Atlas

Guest Walter

Fine. Don't vote. Return to the shadows. Just don't think that not voting supports the notion that Horford will be a better pro than Yi.

If Horford's supporters do not believe he will score points on his homecourt (U.S.A.) playing his brand of ball (American not international) on a team with fewer scorers than Yi who is playing overseas, against players and alongside refs who don't know Chineses, and a foreign brand of basketball, then they only "support" Horford in theory.

"Efficiency" on say 7 shots is the equivalent of cruel omnipotence on the head of a pin. No team or person fears either respectively. Yi can get off his shot anywhere anyhow. He can create his own opportunities. He can finish other's. He can make opportunities for himself. In 3 years he will be head and shoulders better than Horford and "efficiency" for Horford will hold the equivalent of "NBA-ready" for SW.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Because scoring in Summer League games is so meaningful. I remmeber in 1997 when Tim Duncan stuck up the joint in the SL and Greg Ostertag dominated him. It means nothing.

I didn't say it meant jack either way. I just asked people to make a bet for the player they think will have a higher PPG average, a bet that in the end favored HS.

banghead.gif

W

Quote:

Fine. Don't vote. Return to the shadows. Just don't think that not voting supports the notion that Horford will be a better pro than Yi.

If Horford's supporters do not believe he will score points on his homecourt (U.S.A.) playing his brand of ball (American not international) on a team with fewer scorers than Yi who is playing overseas, against players and alongside refs who don't know Chineses, and a foreign brand of basketball, then they only "support" Horford in theory.

"Efficiency" on say 7 shots is the equivalent of cruel omnipotence on the head of a pin. No team or person fears either respectively. Yi can get off his shot anywhere anyhow. He can create his own opportunities. He can finish other's. He can make opportunities for himself. In 3 years he will be head and shoulders better than Horford and "efficiency" for Horford will hold the equivalent of "NBA-ready" for SW.

W

How many times does it need to be proven that Horford isn't a good comparison to Horford and that Horford's skill set is considerably better than Shelden's? It's a slap in the face of Horford to compare him to that bum.

And yes, I know, college stats. Blah, blah, blah.

Quote:

If Horford's supporters do not believe he will score points on his homecourt (U.S.A.) playing his brand of ball (American not international)
on a team with fewer scorers than Yi
who is playing overseas, against players and alongside refs who don't know Chineses, and a foreign brand of basketball, then they only "support" Horford in theory.

You mean the team who's best scorer is NBA castoff scrub Wang ZhiZhi? The only other player on that team who is even DECENT is Sun Yue, a mid 2nd rounder.

Quote:

"Efficiency" on say 7 shots is the equivalent of cruel omnipotence on the head of a pin. No team or person fears either respectively.

Did I really need to explain this? I could've said 10/15 vs someone who shot 10/30, the point still stands.

Quote:

Yi can get off his shot anywhere anyhow. He can create his own opportunities. He can finish other's. He can make opportunities for himself. In 3 years he will be head and shoulders better than Horford and "efficiency" for Horford will hold the equivalent of "NBA-ready" for SW.

Horrible example because Shelden only shot 45% last year. Are you saying Horford will only shoot 45%?

Quote:

In 3 years he will be head and shoulders better than Horford and "efficiency"

I love the miss Cleo impersonations and how everything you say is fact.

I voted yes, but that's because I'm betting on Horford being more efficient, not scoring more. Yi is going to be the man for his team in SL, whereas the Hawks have more talent spread out. We're going to want to get looks at Law and Shelden and co., too, not just Horford. Team China, OTOH, is showcasing Yi and will give him ample shot attempts.