• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBADRAFT.NET scouting report of 2 hawks SL players

cyman3

Let this Raivio guy make the team to replace one of those crappy PGs we have now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOeQPkiiMLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSxo9Zr5gIo

They gave him a perfect 10 in shooting!

They say he can actually dribble for a PG too so his only weakness is he has trouble creating.

But who cares? We could use some instant offense

And you can teach court vision to an extent.

That guy also has nice size for a PG

I remember that Gonzaga PG...I think he was a freshman when Georgia Tech went to the Final Four, and the next year they played Gonzaga. This guy looked like he was 15 years old and I thought Jack and the rest of those athletic Tech defenders would eat him alive. But he did really well, along with another guy named Adam Morrison, who I thought was just getting lucky over and over again until by the end of the game I realized that he was just a great shooter from all kinds of off-balance angles.

Ravio is not NBA ,material. I'm a huge Gonzaga fan. I loved watching him there but I do not see him being more then a 3rd string PG at this level at best.

No way he beats out a Lue or AJ for the 3rd PG spot.

College PGs gave him fits. He simply could not guard them.

He would be good in Europe and GREAT in China though.

I love Gonzaga b/c they are the under dog (even with their recent success). They don't have the 4 star and 5 star talent the big schools throw at them but still, occaisonly find a way to beat them. Their coach is simply a class act.

Dan Dickua was 10x the player Ravio is and we saw how Dan Dickua translated in the NBA 1st hand in Atlanta. I don't think we need to go down that road again.

As a Zag fan Raivio made huge strides coming in his senior season as far as creating his own shot. While I think its going to be an uphill battle for him to make the NBA I think he could be successful. He has pretty good handles and improved his passing last year despite getting moved over to SG. Plus, he's automatic from the line, a great deal better than Claxton's 55% and 21% from 3pt.

Quote:

As a Zag fan Raivio made huge strides coming in his senior season as far as creating his own shot. While I think its going to be an uphill battle for him to make the NBA I think he could be successful. He has pretty good handles and improved his passing last year despite getting moved over to SG. Plus, he's automatic from the line, a great deal better than Claxton's 55% and 21% from 3pt.

I thought they had that little 6'2'' jumping jack/ slasher as their SG. After their center got suspended, he was the only guy on their roster that could match up atheletically with 4 star and 5 star players fom the big schools.

That slasher kid may have guarded the oppositions PG b/c he was the only one quick enough to do it but I remember Raivio bringing the ball up and setting up the offense 99% of the time.

I'm almost positive that you are talking about Pargo who is an NBA talent for sure. Pargo played mostly at the point and brought the ball up last year so that Raivio could work off the ball and get more shots. On defense they play zone quite a bit and if they are man-to-man Raivio would usually guard the other teams PG.

You are right, DR has to work on his defense for sure. However, I don't think its a disqualifier for him and I believe if he put as much work into it as he does his shooting he could definitely become a solid defender because its not like he's slow and he is the same size as most of Atlanta's other PGs.

I hope Raivio gets a good amount of playing time in summer league and that he shows his best out there.