take a look at FALCONS new schedule!

cyman3

1)Dallas- this isint basketball! it should be easy

2)Washington-

3)TampaBay- hopefully 2 games will prepare us for the big boys

4)Carolina- easy!

5)Minnesota-

6)St Louis-

7)New Orleans- tell their WR that we are a good enuf team to be a RIVAL!!! btw, who made the playoffs? NOT NEW ORLEANS!

8)bye

9)Philly- we want REVENGE!

10)NYG- should be a good match!

11)New Orleans- cousin match #2

12)Tenn- should be another good game!

13)Houston- easy

14)Carolina- "read Houston"

15)Indy- interesting

16)TampaBay

17)Jacksonville

overall, we got it REALLY HARD or REALLY EASY... for the most part. should be an interesting season... im looking forward it! would anybody be willing to guess their record this year? last year shocked us.... lets see what happens this year

That schedule is rediculous. Everyteam on there the falcons have a chance to lose to. Except the Texans and Jacksonville. I expect the Rams to regain form. I expect Carolina to be much improved. For you to say Carolina will be easy is baffaling to me. They have a top 5 defense already and I'm sure they will add offense in the draft. Probably that little 6-3 reciever that runs a 4.3 from miami. Granted the falcons owned them last year, but the two teams have historically been in close games.

If he had a better offensive coordinator Dan (run Dunn up the Middle) Reeves I would be very optimistic, but I just can't be knowing who is at the helm. Hopefully Vick will be able to counter all that and get us in the playoffs again.

last year they were a very good defensive team... but not good against the falcons (for some odd reason).

Historically, we are very competitive against them... but i still have us winning against them.

Guys, im aware that this schedule is a lot harder than last years... but heres some good news. Our roster got better (rite???).

Peerless Price better! lol

First thing, Mack Strong re-signed with Seattle. Layne is still our only FB. If we can't find anybody, we're dead. Dunn has to have someone to open holes for him.

1. @Dallas

-Parcells won't turn that team around this quickly. When Hutchinson, Hambrick, and Bryant are your main offensive threats, you don't scare many.

2. Washington

-Davis wasn't a big factor in Spurrier's offense last year, buth they'll miss him this year. They'll miss Marvin Lewis too, they'll miss him a lot.

3. Tampa Bay

-Guh...

4. @Carolina

-Defense is there, maybe it will show up when they play us this year. I don't think their O-Line is good enough to really take advantage of Davis.

5. Minnesota

-My pick for most improved team this year. Bennett will be a Pro Bowler, Culpepper can't get any worse, and Moss is still dominant. That defense will be much improved, as well.

6. @St. Louis

-They'll definately be back. We'll probably have an idea of how good this team is by Week 6. St. Louis' D fell off last year, and it still has holes. I think we've got a chance to win this one.

7. New Orleans

-Haven't done anything to improve that defense. No, Ambrose is not an improvement. Maybe we can hold Deuce in check this year...

8. Philadelphia

-I don't know if we have caught up to this team yet...

9. @NY Giants

-This game worries me. I think the G-Men can possibly even take the NFC East from Philly this year.

10. @New Orleans

See #7.

11. Tennessee

-This game will have plenty of interest on this board. McNair vs. Vick will be a [censored] of a matchup.

12. @Houston

-Houston is miles ahead of where an expansion team should be, but they're still 2-3 years away.

13. Carolina

-See #4.

14. @Indianapolis

-Payton to Manning is scary, if Edge is healthy, they'll be back.

15. @Tampa Bay

-Why must we always go to TB during the stretch?

16. Jacksonville

-Still rebuilding. Can Fred Taylor stay healthy two years in a row? If not, this team could be bad, really bad.

Being conservative, I see us going 10-6, 11-5 at the best. Probably another Wild Card for us.

I'm surprised that ABC has the Falcons for only one Monday Night game (St Louis). Perhaps they are skeptical because the Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons and always seem to let the fans down after a good season?

I think this is the year that tradition comes to an end!

The N.F.L. tries to set up the schedules of every team

so that it will make the games more exciting, as far as

they can. Teams must play the other teams in their

division two games. As I understand the rest of the

schedule makers picks, the higher you finish in the league

one season, the tougher your schedule of opponents

the next season. On the other hand, the lower your

record, the easier your next year's schedule.

Since Falcons went to the playoffs last year, we should

have a tougher schedule this season. If the weaker teams

play each other, both have an opportunity to win. Same

with the better teams, if you are that good, you still have

a good chance to win.

National T.V. !!! How about that. That means we have

improved over what we were a few years ago when we

couldn't beg a spot on the big picture. This T.V. coverage

is based on what a team did last season, naturally, as

no one will buy the advertising necessary to sponsor two

poor teams nationwide.

The record, the tougher schedule and national T.V. coverage

all say Falcons are getting better and more exciting!