• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some more trades

SwatDatStuffTheo

1. Theo to Phoenix for Gugliotta and the #16 overall pick

2. Shareef to Houston for Glen Rice, Moochie Norris, Bostjan Nachbar, and a future 1st round pick

3. Big Dog and CC to Golden State for Chris Mills, Bobby Sura, and Jiri Welsch

4. JT (S&T) and Henderson to Toronto for Morris Peterson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Lindsay Hunter, Michael Bradley

What does this accomplish? the worst team BY FAR in 2004 and $45 MILLION in salaries expire at the end of next season. So we got many interesting prospects, with only ONE bad contract. Not to mention a SUPER-HIGH draft pick in 2004 and Houston's pick in 2004. Also, two first round picks this year where we can take some young guys with alot of potential (highschoolers)

1. Googs comes off the books after next year, right? If so, I'm all for it. Phoenix would probably go for it too. Theo and Amare would be scary inside.

2. Bleh...don't like that one at all. Houston wouldn't give us Griffin for SAR at the deadline. He's the only guy I would really want. Rice is old and overpaid. Norris is a career backup and Nachbar has shown me nothing.

3. Again, I know the point is to dump salary. But, we've gotta get something out of the deal. GS wouldn't want Robinson anyway. They're stacked with talent and want to move salary to sign Arenas.

4. Eh...maybe. Peterson is a good compliment to Carter in TO, but will never be a main guy. Drop some of the filler and get a pick.

I don't think a massive dump of everything we have is needed. Trade one guy and I think we're set.

If your goal is to make the Atlanta Hawks the LA Clippers of the East, then those deals would accomplish that.

First of all, you trade a very good defender in Theo Ratliff for crap. All you get is the 16th pick in a weak draft. That trade nets a back up player at best.

The second deal, I don't even think I need to mention how ridiculous that is. You trade a legitimate 20 and 8 guy for crap. You get a first round pick that will be in the late teens/early 20s. Even if Eddie Griffin were included, that deal is a no go. Griffin is a player without a position that can't start in Houston as it is.

The third deal, what would Golden State want with Glenn Robinson? Antawn Jamison is their small forward, and they tried their best to dump some salary so they can keep Gilbert Arenas this offseason.

The last deal helps the team in no way as well.

Resign Terry for the 40 million or so over 6 years ala D's plan with the options. Trade Nazr for Crawford or something of that ilk to give us to backcourt players with handles, some height back there, etc.

Then work on trading GRob and replacing him with either DJ (has he continued to work on his handles while injured) or work from there...

Nazr for Jamal Crawford? You can't be serious. Chicago fans want to deal Jay Williams and Jalen Rose for cap space, they WANT JC. I don't think anyone will take on Rose for them, but I definately think they would have JC over Jay. And it would take ALOT more than a mediocre 8th man to trade for one of them

Do you think Krause cares what the fans want? I think he's shown in the past what he thinks.

Krause won't trade Williams this quickly. It would be admitting failure on his part. Krause knows he can probably get more for Crawford than Williams, as well.

Don't forget, that Krause was one of the few teams that made a serious run at Nazr as a FA. Even with Curry and Chandler blossoming, I think he still might like to have Nazr around.

I'll second this notion. The only reason Crawford is still an option for anyone is that Krause has pride in all of his decisions...Jay, like it or not, is still their golden boy, the (hopeful) face of their franshise, even though he's been outplayed by Crawford.

True, they may want slightly more than Nazr, but they really don't need more superstars and guys to take pt from their very very touchy players. The young guys need time (Chandler at the four, Curry at the five), they've got Marshall at the three...who's played very well this year. Rose at the two, at Williams at the one. The last thing they need is more log jams.

Nazr could bu Curry, possibly Chandler (at the four) and allow them to go with the big a backcourt of Curry Nazr and Chandler.