• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJ mentioned in LA needs?

DrReality

Not sure how viable this is. I would wonder if LA wouldn't be more interested in Lue given he's played in the triangle before. First rumor mentioning any Hawks in several days.

By Eric Pincus

for HOOPSWORLD.com

Jul 18, 2007, 15:28

The NBA rumor mill has died down significantly over the past couple of weeks. Most of the big-name free agents have landed with a few stragglers expected to make announcements soon. Most notable is Steve Francis who is expected to join the Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks or Houston Rockets.

Teams like the Heat (who are desperate for point guards) will look down the list of remaining free agents. Players like Brevin Knight and Earl Boykins will get a look.

The Los Angeles Lakers are in the position to offer Jordan Farmar out in trade . . . assuming the return would help LA become a more formidable playoff team. With the pending acquisition of Derek Fisher and the drafting of Javaris Crittenton (and his subsequent strong showing in summer league), Farmar may be the most available piece the Lakers have to offer.

A number of teams would have interest in a promising young point guard though there are at least a couple of veteran point guards also on the market. Most notable is Mike Bibby of the Sacramento Kings who comes with extensive playoff experience (and a hefty price tag). A little more under the radar is Anthony Johnson of the Atlanta Hawks.

If the Lakers were aggressively looking to move Farmar (possibly packaging him with Kwame Brown or Chris Mihm), the market would be dependent on where players like Francis, Knight, Boykins, Bibby and Johnson end up.

While the casual Laker fan might be partial to immediate action . . . the timing may simply impossible for LA to push through a move.

The Lakers would probably be looking for a legitimate power forward/center or defensive minded small forward in trade. The pursuit of an impact guard has probably been put on the back burner with Fisher and Crittenton in the mix.

i believe the article is saying that la has a young promising pg to offer out (farmar) but that there are also vet pgs for teams to consider as well

they say la wants big back, not a pg...they don't want aj/lue...they are saying aj is a vet pg that teams (not la) may want

i'll give em aj(lue)/lo for farmar

Quote:

I'd give up AJ/Chill for Farmar + a pick/or throw-in (maybe another expiring?)

I don't see why we would want Farmar now that we have Law, and i dont see why they would want Chill.

I think a more likely scenario would be a SNT deal for Shelden/AJ for Mihm. Of course i have no idea what Mihms health status is.

I just don't see how Shelden can have much impact here with Horford and Smith sure to get big minutes.