• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves Close to getting Mark Texeira

KB21

Listening to Bill Shanks this morning and he made it pretty clear that the deal is going to happen. Its now a matter of who else will be in the deal.

As far as re-signing Tex, Shanks thinks there is a very good chance that the Braves can afford him. Hamptom comes off the books next year. Andruw won't be here, and Chipper may retire by the time Tex is ready to sign the big deal. That means the Braves have the budget space to make that 7 year 130 million dollar deal.

Again, Tex gives the Braves the best offense in the NL. The starting pitching is pretty good right now. We do need another bullpen arm to settle the pen and roles.

According to a BravesNation poster, Gammons came on Baseball Tonight and stated that the other teams who were involved in the Tex trade talks (Dbacks, BoSox, Angels) all believe he'll end up with the Braves pretty soon.

If true, then lets hurry up and get this trade finalized please... I hate seeing Salty sitting on the bench doing nothing and getting passed over for the likes of Julio "caveman" Franco. He needs to be up there getting at-bats.

Quote:

There is a lot of talk about this trade. The talk has ranged from a package that includes Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jo-Jo Reyes, and Elvis Andrus to a package that includes Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Matt Harrison, and Brent Lillibridge.

He just mentioned Andrus. I'm not opposed to getting Millwood again. This would be like the McGriff deal for us. Even more so. We could have a very dynamic lineup for the next few years. This also softens the blow of potentially losing Andruw and probably strengthens us long term.

1 Johnson 2b

2 Renteria ss

3 Chipper 3b

4 Texiera 1b

5 McCann c

6 Frenchy rf

7 ??Diaz???? lf

8 Harris cf

With Andruw in the middle this year, I think we could be very dangerous if we can get the back end of the rotation to hold up.

ESPN/Fox/etc. are reporting that the deal is done pending medical exams.

Looks like Tex and Mahay for Salty, Andrus, Harrison, and another pitching prospect.

I'll take it, assuming we get Tex re-signed.

I'll miss Salty. Andrus has all the hype, but is still so far away. I don't really care about Harrison. I just hope that last pitching prospect isn't Hanson, Parr, or Devine.