• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is McDavid really buying the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I've read a few reports and all of AOL and Kasten have denied and played Dumb when asking about it.

Do you think that this was leaked to promote interest. Maybe there's a bid off between McDavid and somebody else like Checkettes?

Of course they will deny it til all the paper work

and stuff is done.It is supposed to be official at

weeks end.

I dunno why they play dumb and act like people

don;t know what they are talking about.They think

somebody just said"We'll spread a rumor that a

car salesman is buying the Hawks"

• Premium Member

Maybe...

Checkette wants a franchise. The reason why I would take him as a owner is because He knows basketball. Unlike Turner and AOL, Checkettes has been on the frontline. He has been a President and a GM. He knows the game. What that means is that he wouldn't allow the team to be run in the ground and not say anything.

Actually, I think best of all circumstances is that Kasten is removed. I don't have a problem with Kasten. When he was a basketball guy, he was a trailblazer. First to draft a Foriegn player, first to take his team to RUSSIA to play. He did a phenomenal job rebuilding with Doc, Nique, WIllis, and that lot. And had the vision to hire Fratello to be head coach.

HOwever, when he turned it over to Babcock, it was like he gave up all responsibility as it relates to basketball. He allowed the rest of the nba to catch up with him and pass him. He sat through bad draft after bad draft and some bad trades without one tirade. Yeah, it may be time for some new blood.

Good guy whoose time has come.

I think Checketts would be the worst choice of the group, because unless he has a very strong investment group that is willing to give up the money, Checketts doesn't have the financial backing to put the money that is needed to build a champion into this team.

If there is a bid off, I hope it is between the Steve Belkin group and David McDavid.

Personaly, I think it is a done deal, and the only thing that is left to do is all the dotting of the I's and crossing of the T's.

• Premium Member

I think Checkettes have the money.

He tried to buy the Dodgers just recently?

His group has a billionaire named Eli Broad that is helping. I think what Checkettes wanted was the Braves, Hawks... But he would have to take the Thrashers and Phill too.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/5400896.htm

I found an article.... IF the Dodgers still are not close... He might look for a deal here. With the deal for the Hawks/Thrashers/Phil being less than 450 million, I think he has the juice to go for the hat trick... And I think AOL would rather sell all the teams for 750 million than just 2 for 450.