• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Hawks WISHLIST....

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. An Owner that comes to every game and wants the fans to love coming.

2. A new Television contract that gets the Hawks at least 4 national appearances.

3. A coach who can define Roles, Set lineups consistently, and instill discipline.

4. A top 3 lottery pick. (Did Carmello Anthony's Stock just pass Labron James' Stock?)

5. A GM who is active, heady, and don't mind bending a few rules for the sake of the team.

6. The 100% return of DJ next year.

7. A Center that can get more than 8 boards per game.

8. Big Dog getting his 20/6 but not disrupting the offense to get it.

9. A PG that can be the playmaker, floor leader.

10. RESPECT..... Like Mike Vick!!

If we were to land the first spot in the draft, Lebron James would still be my pick. This would only be for a trade with whomever picks Anthony and if they are willing to give us an extra future pick. If we landed the second pick, I would pray that whomever has the first pick would draft Lebron so that I could easily choice Carmello Anthony. If we land the third pick, I pray that Anthony will still be on the board. I really believe that he would have the biggest impact on our team.

Darko Milicic.

I'm not saying I would definitely pick him over James or Anthony, but I think you have to look at him very closely.

Look at his positives. He's already played as a pro for a few years, which, to me, gives him an advantage on moving to the NBA. He has tremendous size, and, according to the interview with him on NBADraft.net, he compares his game favorably to Kevin Garnett (not as strong or as good a scorer yet, but has better passing skills). Plus, he's younger than James by a few months.

The big negative, however, is that none of us has seen him play. With the recent trend of drafting European players, his stock might be a little higher than it otherwise would be. But if he's as good as some people are hyping him to be...

Obviously, James or Anthony might be a better fit for the Hawks with Shareef at PF, but Darko is young, athletic, big, and very intriguing.

I think anyone in the top 3 picks of the draft will be assured a player with seriously impressive potential. Take your pick: an incredibly athletic kid who has dominated other kids, a kid who blew through the NCAA with seeming ease (slightly less athletic than James), or a kid who has played and prospered against men 10 years older.