• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will win the South East?

Diesel

• Moderators

This division is a hell of a lot closer than it was coming into last year. Miami has decayed over the course of the last season and the teams at the bottom have significantly improved themselves. This should be the most competitive year in the division yet.

Quote:

This division is a hell of a lot closer than it was coming into last year. Miami has decayed over the course of the last season and the teams at the bottom have significantly improved themselves. This should be the most competitive year in the division yet.

I agree. I think O-Town will prevail this year though.

I had to go Washington.

Arenas, Jameison, and Butler simply bring it every night. Washington is the most consistent team in the division with these 3 on the court and are built for regular season success. They just have to shake the bad luck. The injury bug has hit them come playoff time 2 years in a row. If Arenas is healthy he can carry them to playoff wins like we have seen Wade and James do the last 2 seasons.

Miami can still win it all if Shaq ison the floor and Wade returns fully healed by the playoffs. Howeverm their age and injuries don't allow forthe regular season consistency to win the division.

Orlando: R. Lewis has never been the offensive leader of a team. Ray Allen will not be there to draw perimeter defensive attetion. Howard, while a dominating defensive force, is still raw offensivly. Not sure if Orlando will finish ahead of Atlanta or Charlotte. Grant Hill's leadership and veteran savy will be missed. Losing Darko while obtaining Foyle is a slight up grade defensivly but puts more pressure on Howard's raw offensive game ot score in the post.

Charlotte: Great depth and athelticsm up and down the roster. A back up PG is all they're missing. Richardson and Wallace form the most atheltic wing combo in the league with one of the most athletic PGs, Felton, there to run the show full time. If Okefor stays healthy they could realistically finish 2nd in the division.

• Moderators

Quote:

Wow,

5 votes for ATL...

1 for Charlotte...

6 for Orlando

7 for Miami..

Nobody thinks that we're better than Miami or Orlando?

At least 5 people do.

Quote:

Nobody think that Charlotte is as good as us?

At least 6 people think we are better than Charlotte. At least 1 person thinks Charlotte is better than us. This isn't part of the poll, though, and you can't tell people opinions of Atlanta v. Charlotte from this poll for the vast majority of respondents.

Quote:

:homer

iagree.gif

I guess I am a bit confused. Less than 20% of the hardcore Hawks fans think the team is the best in the division. That isn't too homerish a result, IMO.

Quote:

Wow,

5 votes for ATL...

1 for Charlotte...

6 for Orlando

7 for Miami..

Nobody thinks that we're better than Miami or Orlando?

Nobody think that Charlotte is as good as us?

:homer

iagree.gif

u have no idea how to read poll data, do u?

from the data u quoted:

5 people think we are better than miami and orlando...13-14 think at least one of those is better than us

at least one person thinks charlotte is better than us; at least 5 people think charlotte isn't as good as us

u can't get more specific than that

if u wanna find out those answers, start a new poll:

q1: Are we better than either Orlando or Miami?

q2: Is Charlotte at least as good as Atlanta?

• Premium Member

Only 18% of voters think we can win the southwest. That means that 82% of those who voted think that we won't.

That's as simple as it gets Nick. Somewhere sprawled in that 82%, most of the voters feel that Washington is better than us and some of them feel that Miami and Orlando are better than us also.

You know, it's been almost a year and a half since I started ignoring Diesel. Every now and then, I'll read one of his posts that's quoted in another post. Almost every time, I say to myself "what a horrific fktard". It's as if he were boycotting sense and reason out of principle.

russian.gif