• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Speedy can avoid injury until November 1st...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

...would you consider moving AJ to Golden State for a 2nd rounder? It basically "undoes" the original trade. [Your small guard rotation is still chock-full of guys - Speedy, Lue, Law, Salim].

I have some real concerns that Woodson will not give Law the minutes he earns. So, clearing out the veteran PG logjam, freeing up a roster spot (Batista?), and adding a little cap space to flex during the trade deadline makes sense to me. Plus, with no 1st rounder next year, an additional 2nd certainly wouldn't hurt.

You know the Spirit would agree to this move, but would you?

I posted the folowing idea last night on Sekou's blog, but what about AJ, Chills and Lo for Pietrus and O'Bryant? I just don't believe we will be able to resign Chills long term after getting a deal for Smoove done, then having to address the Marvin deal the following year. Pietrus we could get at a moderate price for the long term, and O'Bryant would be a long term project that could pay big dividends 2-3 years down the road.

Quote:

I posted the folowing idea last night on Sekou's blog, but what about AJ, Chills and Lo for Pietrus and O'Bryant? I just don't believe we will be able to resign Chills long term after getting a deal for Smoove done, then having to address the Marvin deal the following year. Pietrus we could get at a moderate price for the long term, and O'Bryant would be a long term project that could pay big dividends 2-3 years down the road.

At present Chillz is better than Marvin. We have time to move Chillz or Marvin (two years). No time to trade either now.

I'd wait for mid-season when AJ/Lue might have more demand.

Speedy will get injured during the season sooner or later. Besides, both Lue & AJ are great locker room guys. BK+Woody would rather have them than a future 2nd rounder.

We gave up the 34th pick for AJ. I don't see GS fall that far.

Quote:

I'd wait for mid-season when AJ/Lue might have more demand.

Speedy will get injured during the season sooner or later. Besides, both Lue & AJ are great locker room guys. BK+Woody would rather have them than a future 2nd rounder.

We gave up the 34th pick for AJ. I don't see GS fall that far.

Gotta agree with this. I would think their trade value would go up by the trade deadline. Plus it will allow us to see if we have any injuries. I think the second round pick is mostly worthless unless we draft someone and leave them overseas. (like Andersen and Cink)