• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Xcite factor

Swatguy

My question as the season is right around the corner, what player are you guys excited about their developement? What I mean is; We know what Joe will bring, we know what others such as Lue, AJ and Lo will bring. All others to some degree are developing and have much to improve in one area or more.

What player are you excitingly look forward to see, that you may not have seen before?

For me it is Solomon. I think he will one day be a very very good player.

I admit, I cast my vote for Speedy. There were glimpses of a very, very disruptive defensive player who was able to make steals off of the opposing PG's dribble like stealing candy from a baby. Given our woeful interior defense, having a player who can defend dribble penetration and create easy fast break opportunities is like platinum for this squad. And neither Law nor Lue appear to have that defensive skill set (that can enable this team to play uptempo on offense).

By the way, Solomon may have a real hard time seeing the floor this year (if everyone stays reasonably healthy). I love his combination of height, energy and athleticism. But his inexperience with the game will make it hard for him to crack a rotation that includes Horford, Zaza, Smith and Shelden in the C/PF positions.

Quote:

I admit, I cast my vote for Speedy. There were glimpses of a very, very disruptive defensive player who was able to make steals off of the opposing PG's dribble like stealing candy from a baby. Given our woeful interior defense, having a player who can defend dribble penetration and create easy fast break opportunities is like platinum for this squad. And neither Law nor Lue appear to have that defensive skill set (that can enable this team to play uptempo on offense).

By the way, Solomon may have a real hard time seeing the floor this year (if everyone stays reasonably healthy). I love his combination of height, energy and athleticism. But his inexperience with the game will make it hard for him to crack a rotation that includes Horford, Zaza, Smith and Shelden in the C/PF positions.

I agree with everything you wrote. I do not suppose Solomon will breakout "this" year but I see him giving glimpse (as he did last season) of reason to allow him to grow in this roster.

The results are very predictable when you include the phrase "that you may not have seen before." For me that means Law or Horford - and I expect that Law will be more "exciting". Usually true of guards vs PF.

I am actually most looking forward to seeing Marvin - despite all the Marvin hate posts. This should be a Make or Break year for him. Year three. Its time for him to show up or get used to being a backup. I am rooting for him to make it. And I want to see how Smoove's summer changed his game.

I wish we were allowed to vote for more than one.

I voted for Josh Smith, because I wanna see the results after training with Hall of Famers this summer.

Im also excited about Acie Law.He's already my 4th favorite player on the team.

Solomon Jones is d-league material.

I would be very disapointed if S.Jones got good pt, because that would mean someone better than him got hurt.

Quote:

It's Law and Horford for me, I'm so ready to see them play because this is the first year I've ever agreed with BK on draft day.

I agree 100%

I wont even compain about Bk, if Horford and Law stink,because he picked the guys I wanted. :smileypulldownsunglasses-xENo:

Quote:

The results are very predictable when you include the phrase "that you may not have seen before." For me that means Law or Horford - and I expect that Law will be more "exciting". Usually true of guards vs PF.

I am actually most looking forward to seeing Marvin - despite all the Marvin hate posts. This should be a Make or Break year for him. Year three. Its time for him to show up or get used to being a backup. I am rooting for him to make it. And I want to see how Smoove's summer changed his game.

I would rephrase to "what have you not seen "in" a player before. Such as, Marvin more aggresive, JSmith with "low post" moves, Speedy with a jump shot. That is what I meant as "not have seen before".

Quote:

Quote:

It's Law and Horford for me, I'm so ready to see them play because this is the first year I've ever agreed with BK on draft day.

I agree 100%

I wont even compain about Bk, if Horford and Law stink,because he picked the guys I wanted. :smileypulldownsunglasses-xENo:

Well, I agree with your basic principle, but we aren't the ones that are paid to make the decisions, we didn't see their individual workouts nor all of the games/scouting that they did, so BK will still deserve blame for bad drafting if that turns out to be the case.

But honestly, I see no way that Horford or Law won't be successful unless they become lazy bums and don't work on their games.

Voted the comedy option (Zaza). But really it would be Law. He was one of my favorite college players but I think we missed the boat by not taking Conley. I look forward to seeing just how good Law can be as a distributor. I fear that it won't happen since he has shown no distributor instincts, will be coupled with two veterans that have no idea how to distribute (Speedy, Lue), and a coach that has failed to make any one of the 100 guys we've had on our roster look like pass first PGs. But either way he should be fun to watch.

I also have a feeling that Marvin-Horford will work well together.

I look forward to seeing Josh Smith more than anyone. As far as I'm concerned he is in his 4th year is out of the cradle. I expect the same thing from him as we get from JJ and JChill attitude wise. No more blowing up at the coach. He's a vet now and he needs to act like one lest he seriously run the risk of being called a cancer on this team.

Quote:

I voted MW too. I want to see his efficiency improve dramatically. It went down last year despite the increase in MPG. We can't have a supposedly improving #2 overall pick from modest beginnings not improving steadily. He needs to make a considerable jump this year to account for his stagnant year last year. He could do it I guess, but his ho-hum offseason has to make you question whether he will. Boy, do we need MW to come through for us.

W