• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Causality.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Recently BK said that Building is complete. That means that barring something tragic, if the Hawks don't win, it's BK's fault.

However, for the last 2 years, who do you blame most for our bottom dwelling...

• Moderators

Quote:

Woodson is worse at coaching than BK is at being a GM...but the NBA is a player's league and BK passed up on the ROY in consecutive drafts for two players who haven't lived up to expectations.

Plus, it is BK's responsibility to replace Woodson if he isn't getting it done.

The ultimate responsibility has to reside with BK, IMO.

This is one of the few times I'll completely disagree with AHF. While Woody amd BK have both performed poorly at times, the ultimate responsibility lies with the guys writing the checks.

The owners' dispute is the reason why we're still a laughingstock, it's the reason why we can't fire our GM or head coach (who would come to replace them?), it's the reason why we don't move quickly to make changes when they're needed, why there's such little excitement in the city about the team, it's the root of all of our problems.

Teams that strip down and start from scratch are going to be terrible for a while, but we've had a lot of trouble gaining momentum as we've been further handcuffed by an abysmal ownership situation.

• Moderators

I agree that the ownership situation has been a debacle and an impediment to the team. However, they at least have given BK enough authority to make max salary offers to a number of players including Kenyon Martin, Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, etc. and significant offers to several others (Dampier, Speedy, etc.). The team has had bigtime draft picks and has some real talent. I think the team has been more hamstrung in terms of being able to get a new coach, although the $$ spent on Speedy could certainly have enticed a majority of the coaches in the league to our team, IMO.

If the team doesn't win, the owners should stop signing checks for BK and clean house in the front office, IMO.

Youth and injuries which neither can be blamed on anyone.

Saying BK made the wrong picks is yet to be determined after Marvin's first year starting in the league and Shelden's Rookie year.

And this team with all of these players healthy in addition to the two players we drafted has a very promising future

I suggest you all hold your judgment