• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training camp invitees

capstone21

I'm a GT guy, so I can chime in on West.

Mario West is a high-intensity defender. He is there because he will work hard and push all of the guards. He can defend 1's, 2's and 3's.

He's also a pretty athletic finisher. His weakness is his handle, going left especially, and his jump shot is not NBA-caliber either.

I also understand that he has great character and is a good locker room guy, a great practice player, so his presence in camp should be a big positive.

Highly doubt he will make the team. There's no room for him.

I actually thing he has a very good chance...but, only if AJ is traded. I expect the Hawks to move AJ at some point before the season starts and If so, I think Mario has a really good chance to stick. He's a defensive stopper and would be a pretty nice piece off the behind JJ.

West would be an interesting piece in the sense that we don't currently have someone like him. However, he has 14 guys in front of him with contracts in hand. An NBA active roster is only 12 deep.

So, maybe he can get on the inactive roster, and go down to NBDL for awhile. But I just don't think he can get onto the active roster, even with a potential move of AJ.

Quote:

7 Jamaal Tatum G 6-2 175 09/09/84 Southern Illinois R

Anyone know anything about these guys?

Hey! A Saluki! Hope Jamaal enjoys himself before he heads to the D-League or CBA thumb3d.gif

He will likely impress some - but no way he makes this team with this kind of depth already in place.