• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've got a trade Idea that everyone would like....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Nazr/Grob/CC to NJ

Deke/Jefferson to Atlanta.

This doesn't solve all our problems.... But it helps. We would still need ball handling.

However, Scott may be through with Deke.

Nazr would be a good replacement.

Grob is 20/6 and maybe good enough incentive for Kidd to Stay. however, even if he doesn't Grob/Kmart/Kittles and probably Parker would still be a good team.

For us, we take Jefferson. Athletic. Can play with JT/Glover.

We also get OLD Man Deke and his sky rocketing Contract... But he adds a BIG Body when we need one.

1)NJ maybe be done with Scott if the Nets don't

make the finals, so his opinion might not count

for all that much.

2)Mutombo looked AWEFUL the other night.He

barely could move.

3)I'm not so sure how RJ would do with Jt as

PG...I don't think he would do aswell as he

does with Kidd.

• Premium Member

Like I said... It's not a total fix, we would have to see what we can do about PG. Actually, I'm not against trading JT for equal value. I would push the gates for Miller.

Miller/DJ/RJ/SAR/Theo

About Deke. I don't think he's allstar quality anymore, but off the bench playing behind Theo would be very good. He provides size and can block shots.

I don't think that Jefferson is so dependent on JKidd. There are several good scorers on that NJ team. No one is spectacular, but they all get their shots. Jefferson would, in my opinion, match his production if he came over here, provided we had a movement offense.

I think he fits well with our team.

I'll take Deke. I think he's contract is terrible, but maybe he'd retire after 1 more year. He could play a few backup minutes...maybe. He could play with our defensive lineup.

At any rate, I think we'd be better than we are now, strictly due to Jefferson. We'd pay the same money to Deke that we do to GRob.

• Premium Member

Actually Deke makes Much much more than Grob. Walter has been spreading LIES (he calls it hyperbole) about how much Grob Makes.

He is not a 14 million dollar player.

He's a 9 million dollar player. That means that he makes about 2 million more than Hendu. He makes less than Theo and way less than SAR. All that and he gives us 21/7 all year and played in most of our games.

Now, I loved Toni. Toni made slightly less than Grob. But he only played in like 35-40 games a year and that's about it. I think when you really look at what you get with Grob, it's a bargain... Although, you have to figure out how to make it work. That means that yes, it will fail if you coach him to be a Point Forward. Yes, it will fail if you make him a first option.

• Premium Member

Who will be the #8 pick?

Will it be somebody who will turn the Hawks around this year? Next year?

If we be honest... If TJ Ford and C. Anthony does not come out like they said, this will be a very very weak draft. #8 could be Nick Collision or Luke Ridnour. Sorry but those guys don't look like they would give us immediate help other than being bench support.

Big Dog gives us consistent 21/7 play. What we have to do is find out how to make that work in our favor. I love Toni. Still love him. But I realize that Toni couldn't give us anything consistently. I like the idea of being in the draft, but really draft picks haven't really been our strong suit and JT is the best one we have ever drafted and he has flaws.

I agree, there's a huge drop off after the first few picks. Depending on who declares, from the underclassmen, international, and HS ranks (Villanueva declared today), the #8 pick could go up or down in value.

This trade does nothing for us, however. We swap GRob for Deke, a downgrade if anything. At least GRob can score, Deke is worthless now, and his deal is even worse.

NJ wouldn't trade Jefferson anyway. They love the kid. Kittles is the player they would give away, and he's not much of a prize.

• Premium Member

When I mentioned getting Deke, the prize there was Jefferson. That's the trade. I mean, it's not bad when you think about it. Deke's contract will kill NJ over the next few seasons unless they get rid of him. ANd Kittles? Please. He was too scrawny to play this game when he was good.

As far as Villanueva, there's nothing impressive about his game right now. He's not worthy of a lottery pick and if he had played 1 or 2 years of ball, where would he be? He should have gone to college. He's like Jumaine Jones... Coming out too early. In fact, I think Jones is stronger.