• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players to pilfer from Spurs

cynic

Spurs are a deep team, which means they have some good players not getting enough time.

If the Spurs sign Kidd, they won't have much money, and I think they'll probably renounce some contracts.

So, gotta wonder what happens to Speedy Claxton and Stephen Jackson. I think either player could make a significant contribution to our team, and Jackson could probably start.

Speedy could to, but I don't want to say it out loud.

Of course, if they sign Kidd, Parker might become available for a big body.

the Spurs are NOT a deep team. Not sure where you're getting this from. Even if they sign Kidd and perhaps trade Parker (any thought to keeping them both?), they're not more than 7-8 deep.

i dont see them as a deep team either... they just have GREAT CHEMISTRY like Utah Jazz.

Take out Duncan, and the Spurs are one of the most untalented teams. But with Duncan, they are the average talented team w/ a great coaching staff + great chemistry.

not only that, but with Bowen's development of a three point shot, Manu finally getting healthy and comfortable in the NBA, and Stephen Jackson coming along nicely, the parts compliment the central figure and each other extremely well.

• Premium Member

I don't think it's development. I think he shoots pretty well from three, however, it's like the Shaq effect. When everybody concentrates on Duncan in the post, he's a good enough passer (and has good enough passers) to swing the ball around to wide open players. It's not just with Bowen, but even last year when Smitty first got there, He led the league in 3 pt Percentage.. I mean he has always been a good 3 pt shooter, but when Duncan gets you a clear look, I think you become better.

The bad part about that is that when you are traded to a team that can't get you that wide open look, it's like Cindarella without the slippers.