• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BTW: Conley to be Grizz's 3rd string PG.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Memphis Commercial-Appeal

Quote:

Grizzlies head coach Marc Iavaroni revealed his preferred rotation at that position, strongly suggesting that veteran Damon Stoudamire will start with second-year player Kyle Lowry serving as his primary backup.

That leaves Mike Conley, whom the Grizzlies selected fourth overall in this year's NBA draft, as the third point guard on the depth chart

Asked if he was concerned with a negative perception that may come with bringing Conley along slowly, Iavaroni answered with a flat no.

"It's a long career," Iavaroni said, adding that "a lot of people doubted Tony Parker, Steve Nash and Deron Williams."

Quote:

Yeah Lowry is really good! He had a triple double the other night. I don't even see Conley beating out Lowry personally since Lowry can actually shoot the ball. So glad we didn't take Conley at 3.

Actually Lowry's shot is his weakness too. But he can play.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah Lowry is really good! He had a triple double the other night. I don't even see Conley beating out Lowry personally since Lowry can actually shoot the ball. So glad we didn't take Conley at 3.

Actually Lowry's shot is his weakness too. But he can play.

How about one of our vet Pgs (AJ and Solomon). Yes, I know SJ is a fan fave here but Lowry/Law could be a great complimentary Pg-duo. Lowry taking the Speedy role for us.

W

Yeah that is laughable. Stoudamire has been a bum for years now. I consider Speedy and Damon equal if anything because they always have injuries. Law is clearly better right now than Conley. I actually think Lowry is your best PG on Memphis at the moment. He was putting up good numbers last year before he got hurt and is doing so again now.