• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rasheed compares NBA to WWF

sturt

I think Rasheed is saying back in the "old days" they actually had more wrestling matches than unlike today turning it into a "soap opera" like Vince McMahon runs the WWE. Hence this is why it isn't "real" wrestling but more of entertainment.

I think he's just a jerk.

Sorry you feel that way, man. He is absolutely one of my favorite guys. Along with C-Bark.

Lest I be type-cast, two others of my favorite guys are Don Sutton and Pete Van Wieren. To me, they are (were) the most talented team of baseball announcers since Dizzy Dean and PeeWee Reese. And believe me, believe me, that is saying something.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There never was any real wrestling; everybody knows that.

People who dont pay attention to wrestling might not know that. His quote was

"There ain't no real wrestling anymore either"

take out the "anymore" and then i would consider that a shot at the NBA. But with anymore in there it makes me think that he actually believes wrestling was real but now is all fake.

he also contradicts himself talking about the series. On the one hand he says the Pistons "gave" the Cavs the series and then tries to say that the refs favored the Cavs. Looks like he wants to blame the refs for the fact that the Pistons didn't take care of business.

Personally I think he just gets entertained that he can run his mouth like this and people really care enough to ake news stories out of it.

Sheed's the ultimate class clown.

I think he's just a jerk. Not very bright either. He's also smoked a ton of what I would presume to be high grade Dro, given his economic status. Not many brain cells left. I'm also quite positive he's not stimulating the ones that are left. You think Sheed enjoys brain teasers? Philosophical discussion? Learning?

He's a tough matchup on the hardwood for almost anyone, though.

There is a kernel of truth in what he is saying. The theatrical element of fouls called in certain situations is undeniable. D-Wade anyone?

I think he's more intelligent than you give him credit for, I think he just flat out doesn't give a damn, and I think he's extremely selfish and childish off the court.

Quote:

I think he's extremely selfish and childish off the court.

Barkley is no role model either. Nobody is perfect in this world - some are just more transparent with their imperfections. Every one of us is extremely selfish and childish - it's just that most of us can disguise it fairly effectively.

Quote:

Quote:

I think he's extremely selfish and childish off the court.

Barkley is no role model either. Nobody is perfect in this world - some are just more transparent with their imperfections. Every one of us is extremely selfish and childish - it's just that most of us can disguise it fairly effectively.

I'm a big Sheed fan (obviously), but he's not just a little different than most people. And he's a few steps beyond Barkley, too. has been since his highschool days.

Honestly, who gets ejected from McDonald's All American games?

I love his passion and he's the ultimate guy you want to go into battle with, but he's got issues.

Quote:

how would showing it live matter? u think that u can better tell if they are cheating than the MULTIPLE independent auditors and the team representatives and sportswriters etc etc etc that are in the room?

Hey if it's legit, they have nothing to hide.

The BCS is the same way. They know they cheat on their rankings, and that's why the BCS numbers are released a month and half after the season starts. If it's legit, why not show it after the week 1 games are played?

Wasn't it Patrick Ewing that started the lottery? I thought him landing in NY was a foul.

I think a better system would be just to put the teams in individual envelopes (regular size) and seal them up. Let them get one of those hand crunk turning things, and let someone from TNT or ESPN (depending who's covering the draft) and let them pull out each envelope live on tv. We get to see each envelope as it is drawn and even after the draft order has been selected, you continue to draw the envelopes to show each team they had the correct amount of envelopes in the tub.

Why hire those auditors and waste money there, when you can do it the old fashion way? I say envelopes, because those ping pong balls can have weights in them and could be unfair.