• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA.com's new features

exodus

Quote:

Pretty interesting...

Aldridge looks great.

I'll bet Paxon wishes he could do that trade all over again.

Yeah that offseason was horrible for them.Drafting TT instead of Aldridge then trading Chandler and signing Ben. They might have killed their title hopes right there.

Chandler is better straight up than BW. That's why you need to think twice before you give up on your young players.

I thought the Wallace signing was stupidity at the time because you don't give a role player, even a good one, that kind of cash, especially at his age. How's that deal going to look in 2-3 years? When he can't play a lick?

I have to admit I didn't see Chandler being as good as he is now. But when the light goes on it goes on.

That's why the stuff about Marvin was so stupid. When MW is 24 or 25 he's gonna be a beast. If we keep our core in tact for another 4 or 5 years we may win a title...with a real coach of course.

Quote:

i hope that +/- stats gets better overtime because it looked dumb looking at that boxscore. bonner with a +10 while parker got a +1?? or aldridge with a 0??

As of now, the stats are skewed, because if you are winning games, then everyone will basically have a positive +/-. I'm not sure how much stock can be put into this.

Quote:

Quote:

i hope that +/- stats gets better overtime because it looked dumb looking at that boxscore. bonner with a +10 while parker got a +1?? or aldridge with a 0??

As of now, the stats are skewed, because if you are winning games, then everyone will basically have a positive +/-. I'm not sure how much stock can be put into this.

+/- is the type of stat that really only has value in a large sample size.

Quote:

Quote:

Pretty interesting...

Aldridge looks great.

I'll bet Paxon wishes he could do that trade all over again.

Yeah that offseason was horrible for them.Drafting TT instead of Aldridge then trading Chandler and signing Ben. They might have killed their title hopes right there.

You know - I'm pretty sure Pax would do each one of those moves over again.

TT and Aldridges rookie stats are remarkably similar. Especially when you consider how much more advanced an offensive player Aldridge was touted to be, and how "raw" TT was. I'm going to give Tyrus more than one season before I write him off.

Did you see Chandler in 2005-2006 and the playoffs? Chandler bought his ticket out of Chicago with that pathetic season. He wanted out, and Pax/Skiles didn't want him. Sounds like a win/win.

Wallace is debatable - I won't argue that opinions vary. But we had cap space to burn, and Wallace was the best FA available. It was a case of spend it or lose it. And after Chandlers 2005-2006 season, there was no doubt that Chicago wanted someone who wouldn't fold like a lawn chair in the playoffs.

Of course Chandler had a better year than Ben - but he wouldn't have in Chicago. He was done with the team and the coach - he made that perfectly clear.

As for killing their title hopes - I wasn't aware that Chicago's window was so small.

Aside from Ben & Noce, everyone of Chicagos main rotation players has several seasons before they even enter their prime. Hell - if anything - Chicago is ahead of schedule with this group of players.

I think Chicago is just fine, even after what some might consider a "questionable" 2006 off-season.

You know your team better than i do, but i think that you guys would be better of with Aldridge than Thomas. Aldridge is a perfect offensive threat inside next to NO offense Big Ben.

Thomas is a great energy guy to have of the bench and that is it so far. Aldridge would start for you guys this season.

Oh yeah Bulls drafted another similar guy to TT, who is a great energy/defense guy, but offensively challenged.

Wallace/Noah

Aldridge/Noah

would be better than

Wallace/?

???????/THomas

Don't get mad, but that's how i feel.

Quote:

Quote:

Wallace/Noah

Aldridge/Noah

would be better than

Wallace/Noah

???????/THomas

Don't get mad, but that's how i feel.

I can't argue your opinion - I just happen to disagree.

Pax has had two separate drafts to grab that "legitimate low post threat" (Aldridge & Hawes). He didn't, so I'm thinking he doesn't value that one skill all too highly.

Pax might be proven wrong - but I'm going to give him more than one season before I make that determination.

Awesome.

+/- are not for small sample but some things are obvious.

1. For the 36+ minutes Baron Davis was in Warriors were -3,

for the 11_ minutes he was out Warriors were -18. Without him they are nothing.

2. Warriors are +2 without Harrington and -23 without him. Diesel on suicide watch.

3. Bucks played at the same level with or without Yi. Both lost by about 10. Could have been worse. Looks like he was much better than CV tonight.

4. Redd was -30 in 36 minutes. In 12 minutes without him, Bucks won +11. Probably garbage time comeback.

5. Toronto bench got beat by Sixers bench Andre Miller's stats look all right but he went -26. Sixers starters suck.

Check out Bargnani.

6. D.Harrison played big for Pacers +26.Nobody else has more than +9. I can't believe they won without O'Neal.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Awesome.

+/- are not for small sample but some things are obvious.

1. For the 36+ minutes Baron Davis was in Warriors were -3,

for the 11_ minutes he was out Warriors were -18. Without him they are nothing.

2. Warriors are +2 without Harrington and -23 without him. Diesel on suicide watch.

3. Bucks played at the same level with or without Yi. Both lost by about 10. Could have been worse. Looks like he was much better than CV tonight.

4. Redd was -30 in 36 minutes. In 12 minutes without him, Bucks won +11. Probably garbage time comeback.

5. Toronto bench got beat by Sixers bench Andre Miller's stats look all right but he went -26. Sixers starters suck.

Check out Bargnani.

6. D.Harrison played big for Pacers +26.Nobody else has more than +9. I can't believe they won without O'Neal.

Also Nene looks worse than Shelden Williams