• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some buzz I'm hearing.

KB21

When the sale of the team if final, McDavid will bring in Mike Dunleavy to run the show. Apparently, McDavid doesn't really know a lot of NBA executives very well, but he has a close relationship with Mike Dunleavy, who is from Fort Worth and is doing some color commentary for the Mavs.

Dunleavy will then either coach the team himself, or he may hire Del Harris to coach the team. Harris and Dunleavy have connections that date back to Dunleavy's playing days in Houston, where Harris was the coach.

Dunleavy may try to pull off a deal to get Damon Stoudamire to run the point, which means Jason Terry would likely be involved in some sort of sign and trade deal if that happened. Stoudamire wants to go to an Eastern team, and there has been some supposition that Toronto and Atlanta are his top two choices.

What sucks is that it looks like Knight and Stotts are putting a lot of work on evaluating players for the draft, and while they will select the players, they likely won't be around to see those players pan out.

IMO, this is something that should have gotten done sooner so the new regime could have stepped in and done all the predraft and draft work.

thanks for the update man. not sure how I feel about it, but your opinions/wishes are right one...we'll see I suppose, we'll see

It may very well be true, but I am interested because I am hearing the opposite from McDavid acquaintance and Fox Dallas radio/TV Mike Fisher that he does NOT have those close ties to anyone, and given his want for a championship caliber GM, I would hope that rules out the hated Dunleavy.

Yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about it either. I've always considered Dunleavy to be an overrated coach, so I'm not going to change that opinion.

I don't know enough about what he did as the GM of the Bucks to make a solid opinion on his ability in that department.

If it happens, then I hope he hires Harris to coach, because I do feel Harris is an underrated coach who got a raw deal in LA.

However, I still prefer going after Doc Rivers to run the show. My second choice would be to hire Paul Silas as the coach, but I don't really have a second choice for the GM. Honestly, I'd probably keep Billy Knight.

What I think is pretty clear though is that McDavid will likely take on the title of President.

I looked up Dunleavy's draft history, and it is pretty good:

1st round - Todd Day and Lee Mayberry. Neither turned out to be a specatcular player, but they both played in the league for a while. Solid picks. Not great, but not Pete Babcock type draft picks either.

1st round - Vin Baker. Regardless of his play now, when he was with Milwaukee, he was a stud power forward. One of the best in the NBA. That was a great pick.

1st round - Glenn Robinson and Eric Mobley. 2nd round - Voshon Leonard. Another pick that, regardless of what we think of him now, Robinson was a great pick for the Bucks. Mobley is still in the league and gave the Bucks some minutes off the bench. Leonard was a 2nd round steal. The Bucks improved by 14 games coming off this draft.

1st round - Gary Trent. 2nd round - Rashard Griffith and Eric Snow. Trent is a role player for the Timberwolves. Griffith is probably the best big man overseas, but he has never suited up for the Bucks in the NBA. Snow is Philly's starting point guard.

1st round - Stephon Marbury. 2nd round - Moochie Norris and Jeff Nordgaard. Marbury was traded for Ray Allen on draft day, and Allen blossomed into a star for the Bucks. Moochie Norris is Houston's back up point guard. Nordgaard never got any time in the NBA.

It's kind of a friend of a friend thing. I work with an orthopod who goes to Race Atlanta with some orthopods that are from Atlanta. I don't know if these guys are team doctors or not, but this info came from those orthopods via the orthopod I work with.

So, take it with a grain of salt.

McDavid may have a desire to get a championship caliber GM, but there aren't many of them available. I don't see how he's going to be able to bring in any big name GM.

Guest Walter

I do not like Dunleavey, especially in light of such options at Doc, Silas, Van G, Fratello. I dislike him even relative to the far less "proven" Stotts.

W

Del Harris would be nice, but the Hawks don't need Damon Stoudamire. He's flamed out in Toronto now Portland. Rather stick with JT and try to get a Christie, Ginobili, Rip Hamilton, Kittles, Derrick Anderson type big guard. If that could be done.

I heard the same thing tonight from David Aldridge on ESPN. He said that Mcdavid and Dunleavy were good friends, and that Dunleavy was the first choice to be GM. He did say that Silas was a candidate to be head coach because his agent is Lonnie Cooper, and Copper helped put the AOL/Mcdavid deal together.

Damon Stoudamire is a bum.I wouldn't want this

stubby troll as a cheap backup even.McDavid sounds

like he's going to do some really stupid things.

Maybe he'll change his mind.