• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any1 Realize Ira Led Team In Both 2 and 3 Pt FG%

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

We really need to resign this guy. Despite playing much of the season in the less than desirable Sg position and being paid like a CBAer, he led the team in shooting efficiency from anywhere on the court. D@mn.

W

One of my favorite Hawks. He really hustles.

He worked a lot on his game last off season and was one

of the most exciting and most improved Hawks.

I hope they find a way to sign and keep this one.

esp if we could find a way to trade GRob and let Ira play the three almost full time! That's truly where he belongs, offensively, defensively, everywhere.

If you could get a great ball handler to play the 2 guard

in exchange for Grob, we could have Neuble and DerMarr

sharing the Grob spot, the new guy at the 2 with Glover,

Dickau and J.T. at the point.

Then we really need a HUGE body, which we draft, to come

in off the bench and bang with the big boys for a few

minutes. A Tractor Trailer type rookie, if you get my idea.

Glover improved his ball handling last season. Neuble

improved his offense. We need more ball handlers. We

need another BIG body to bang inside sometimes.

Guest Walter

...however, he's a HSer.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/jameslang.htm

In reply to:

"Strengths: Has size and explosiveness. Lang is a wide-bodied post player who tips the scales at around 305 lbs. Will be able to bang in the league right away. Body could use some toning and trimming but it doesn't stop him from hurting those in his way. Plays with a tenacity that coaches beg for in their bigmen. Will be a force in the league in a few years. Surprisingly athletic and mobile for his size. Has no problem running the floor, as his stamina has greatly improved. Has great hands and utilizes his size effectively in the post. Has shown the ability to consistently score down low. Attacks the rim with a mean-streak that few players have. An excellent rebounder especially on the offensive end."

James Lang is 6'10" 305=340 Lb center. I saw him in the HS All American game and he's legit with tremendous hands. If we really are (over) stocked at the 2/3 position with say DG, DJ, Ira, and a quality 2 or 3 in return for Hog and don't see a place for Howard of Wake (yes) or Jones of Duke, we use our 2nd rder to pick up Lang.

of note, a fave of mine, Boris Diaw is slotted to be picked at 21 by two predraft lists. He's a swingman/Sf with athleticism that is over the top. Should we lose out on Ira, DG, DJ, or not get a 2/3 in return for Hog we should pick him up with our first rd pick.

W

BTW, I'm right with ya on trading Hog for a quality 2. He is an on the court team killer, he has never and will never change, we win 30% more without him and with nothing in return, and we could conceivably win more with just a little help from a player had in a trade in return.

Fits my want list to a "T" and could be our 12 th. man

for a while.

He needs to mature and Hawks need this type player

on the end of the bench to use occasionally. Right

now, we have no one like this and I think we have a need

that he could fill.

I realized it and this is why Ira was my MIP for this team. He really is my kind of guy, and he keeps getting better. If he improves as much this offseason as he did this offseason we will have a real player on our hands. Keep working hard Ira while other people sit on their buts living off their name and you will stick somewhere.