Joker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It wasn't a problem for Marvin who shot 60% in these games. Marvin needs to have the ball in his hands more often and Smoove needs to provide energy which is the best thing he can do.

He has no business taking 35 shots during a 2 game span and MArvin only 22. I think it's more of Woody's fault than Smooves though.

Maybe if Marvin didn't defer and attacked the basket more often he'd have his attempts up.

Marvin Williams is far too good a FT shooter not to press the action.

As far as Smoove, several of those attempts have come with him trying to play IN THE POST.

That is something you can't help but encourage because it's a element we could use him adding to the arsenal.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe if Marvin didn't defer and attacked the basket more often he'd have his attempts up.

What in h_ll are you talking about? Marvin didn't see the ball in half the offensive possessions. Why is something always Marvin's fault? I guess all of those turn-overs were Marvin's fault too right?

Quote:

What in h_ll are you talking about? Marvin didn't see the ball in half the offensive possessions. Why is something always Marvin's fault? I guess all of those turn-overs were Marvin's fault too right?

You're talking FGA.

Im saying Marvin Williams should be more aggressive.

I have stated at least 25 times tonight that game was on Mike Woodson

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin did nothing wrong tonight! He played perfectly within the offense! He is not Josh Smith! He is a discipline team player that understands his role in this offense. Maybe some other players on the team should take note!

Quote:

Marvin did nothing wrong tonight! He played perfectly within the offense! He is not Josh Smith! He is a discipline team player that understands his role in this offense. Maybe some other players on the team should take note!

LMAO @ the defensive stance.

The Smoove/Marvin factions are hilarious.

I can tell which one you're a part of.

Obviously Marvin played well tonight. Im saying in general if he attacked the basket more he could average 20 PPG easily because of his great FT shooting ability.

Quote:

Quote:

Actually he did: not the foul that ended the game. But the one before that was a very bad one. There was no need for that....

Quote:

He was agressive when he had the ball, but the ball didn't come a lot though because of Smoove and Lue. What do you mean more agressive? RUn around Smoove and take the ball from him?

It's Woody's fault, not Marvin's not Smoove's and not even Lue's fault. Lue didn't just enter the game, Woody told him too.

Quote:

Instead of the 19 ppg that he is currently averaging! Whatever dude.

If you don't think attacking the basket will make Marvin Williams a better basketball player then you are in denial.

First of all, it helps out the entire team because the more fouls you give the opposing team the better.

The great teams draw the bonus time. Second of all, it will make him a more consistent player. That shot isn't going to fall every night. And if he gets the reputation he'll start to get the calls in big time games in big time situations.

Im not saying Marvin lost this game, so you can drop the defensive.

But then again I guess he's already peaked in your mind.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually he did: not the foul that ended the game. But the one before that was a very bad one. There was no need for that....

Actualy it worked out well for us, we couldn't stoped them anyways. Prince even missed the freethrow.

Fouling Tayshaun Prince was a good foul. It saved the Hawks 20 seconds of clock and he actually MISSED one of the free throws. The only thing Marvin did that was particularly dumb was passing on an open 15 footer and then commiting the offensive foul on Prince(although I like the aggressiveness). Smith's dumbest play(dunno if this has been mentioned yet) was when he tried to run a fast break with no numbers and ended up getting his pocket picked by Billups. I excuse him for the jumpshots because I felt like he had to take some of those shots in the 4th because the shot clock was winding down. He also played GREAT defense on Rasheed and as usual blocked a ton of shots.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actualy it worked out well for us, we couldn't stoped them anyways. Prince even missed the freethrow.

Sure it did....

Quote:

Josh is streaky on Offense... his defense was huge, and sinking three free-throws with 16 seconds when you are a lifetme 70% free throw shooter is as clutch as it gets... Seriously this happens every year, Josh Smith and Childress start off slow and everybody wants their heads... relax and wait for them to find their groove. I mean damn... we were in control of this game until Joe had to sit for 7 straight minutes.

He has to sit sometime. You can't play him 45MPG.