Robbed by the F**ing REFS!!

BusBoyIsBack

Quote:

Quote:

But you expect Billups to get those calls. I just want to see JJ get the same consideration since he's an allstar. We played tough. Definately maturing. Everyone new that the Pistons were going to come back and they did.

Not with 7 seconds to play; game decided by a ref call is [censored] frustrating, especially when you rewatch the replay and the call is iffy.

The call wasn't that iffy. Marvin went throught Billups. He got him on the face. If it had happened to us, I would expect the call. The refs did not cost us. Woody did.

Quote:

Quote:

The call wasn't that iffy. Marvin went throught Billups. He got him on the face. If it had happened to us, I would expect the call. The refs did not cost us. Woody did.

Maybe he got Jerry West on the face...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/photos?photo...ameId=271104008

He did get the ball. That doesn't give you the right to hit a man in the face as a consequence. That's just the way it is. Nobody robbed us.

I agree we didn't get robbed, but we shouldn't have been in that situation anyway if not for all the offensive rebounds Det got (that's the players) and Woody not putting in shooter when JJ was being doubled (that's Woody), so there is enough blame.

On a positive note, most here thought we'd be 0-2 right now, but we're 1-1 so I'm happy and look forward to Phx and NJ...I think we have a good shot at winning both or a split!

• Moderators

You can always point to a bunch of things a team does wrong down the stretch to not put the game away but that doesn't mean that wasn't a bogus call. Marvin never would have gotten that call on the other end.

The picture clearly shows that he has all ball and isn't touching him with the body at all. The fact that Billups continues on and throws himself into Marvin is inconsequential. If anything it should be offensive as he no longer has the ball in his hands at the point he flops to the floor.

The Pistons are actually one of my favorite other teams but I thought they kind of acted like punks while we were taking it to them. Nazr being the worst in his 4 minutes.

Quote:

I agree we didn't get robbed, but we shouldn't have been in that situation anyway if not for all the offensive rebounds Det got (that's the players) and Woody not putting in shooter when JJ was being doubled (that's Woody), so there is enough blame.

On a positive note, most here thought we'd be 0-2 right now, but we're 1-1 so I'm happy and look forward to Phx and NJ...I think we have a good shot at winning both or a split!

Guys, we don't deserve 3 points prayer that Marvin got. We don't really deserve the brick saving 3 free throws that Smoove got. JJ just went crazy to get us back into the game.

The coach, with his old habit of distrusting rookies, lost confidence on Law too quickly, and cost us the game by asking Lue to do more than he is capable of. We all know what Lue can do.

Blaming the referee won't help us grow. We need to understand our mistakes and our limitations, and then we can find new ways to win more games.

Refs always tilt the field for the better teams. We'll start getting those calls soon, and they'll last a very long time. Enjoy.