• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teams are breaking UP!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's diesel thoughts on teams that are disbanding and What I think we can get from them if we wanted...

Washington

I think Washington will break up and start over. Now that Jordan is gone, they want to do the same thing that Chicago did... Here's what I would offer Washington:

SAR/1st (21) for Kwame/Stackhouse.

This gives the Wiz undeniable talent. It also gives them a shot in the draft. It gives us the potential of Kwame... AND Jerry Stackhouse. I like the deal because it makes us a running team. What's there to say about Kwame. Well, he needs time to grow...However, I like his size. the question of his work ethic is overblown in my opinion. I see Washington getting rid of Collins and everything that smells like Jordan.

Our team would be:

JT/Stack/Grob/Kwame/Theo.

In the future (maybe later this season), I see Kwame is being that Physical PF that Theo needs.

New Orleans

The Hornets will do some rearranging. They have Davis to Build around, but they will be getting a NEW Coach... New GM. One problem they have is lack of PF play. I would offer them Theo for Mashburn. A subsequent trade of Big Dog would follow... maybe Big Dog/Glover for Spreewell... However, I think Mash (with his many injuries is what we need). If Grob/Theo could get us Mash/Brown/Anderson... I'd do that.

Portland

Wow. Whittsett's out. Mo Cheeks is on his way out. (BTW, I'd put Mo Cheek's name in our hat). and Change all over is coming.

Who would i trade for?

I considered this:

JT/SAR to PTL for Wallace/Wells.

I hear the whys come out. Namely because I like their games. BUT...even though Wallace is not undersized, I don't know if we can keep Theo with him here. Plus... Wells is BYC... Probably won't work.

So how about Nazr/Hendu/Glover (SNT)/CC/Dickau to PTL... Anderson/Stoudamire to Atlanta.

The question is do they want to get rid of DS that bad. The answer is probably. On top of that though, there are 2 trades here:

Glover/Hendu/CC for DS... and Dickau/Nazr for Anderson. Glover's salary is just to make the deal work.

I think Glover raised his value this season. He showed that he can be counted on for defense and scoring. I have always appreciated his offense. I think adding Nazr/Hendu will make it much easier to part with Wallace and turn the frontcourt over to Randolph. I expect Wallace can be traded for a really good Sf/PG combo. What if he goes to Philly for Snow/Mckie.... Or to New Orleans...

Utah

Stockton retired. Malone is headed to LAL or San Anton. That means that Miller is on his way to Utah. But I think Utah is rebuilding. I mean they will have:

Miller/Stevenson/Harpring/Kirlenko/C from Standford?

There's a couple of things that don't fit. Mainly Kirlenko. He's good. However, Harpring has endeared himself to Utah and Kirlenko may not be a good PF in a land filled with Duncan, Webber, and Dirk. I think we can get him for cheap. Mainly look at the hole at C? I think they'd bid for Oneal at PF... Maybe they'd take Theo in trade? We'd take Kirlenko/Stevenson/C from Standford?

New Jersey

This is the best fast break team in the league. However, once Kidd leaves they're going belly up. Maybe they'd take Hendu/Grob for Deke/Jefferson? It makes some sense. Deke is a waste now... and Grob is 20/6. I think Byron Scott would think about it. When Kidd Leaves, they would probably switch to being a halfcourt team anyway.

Seattle

With GP gone... They are in the market for a PG. The draft yields a very good one... Heinrich or Ridnour. However, what about Barry. I say Nazr for Barry! Maybe they put in a bid for Wallace? Radmo/one of those Cs/Barry for Wallace?

New York

First time in a while that NY was not in Playoffs. I look for change. Mainly at the Sf position. They could come after Grob. However, if we got a PG like Miller or even stoudamire, I'd look into trading for Houston.

Those are some reasonable Portland trades IMO... Dickau/Nazr is a lot more likely however than him being packaged with MinnieMouse...

BTW, Cheeks is going nowhere. There was a silly unsubstantiated rumor on a website a few weeks ago about that, but trust me. Portland is not getting rid of Cheeks.

The Wallace/Wells trade might be one to be avoided. ATL would want either one individually IMO, but not together since they are best buddies. Bonzi is still way too impressionable. He went from Rider being his best friend to Wallace. Bonzi alone would be a great pickup for the Hawks. Wallace is also in the last year of his max contract so there could be flexibility there. SAR and JT might be a little too much for the duo. I'd want Portland to at least throw in a 1st rounder or two if that did go down.

I'm not sure when Bonzi is no longer BYC. It seemed like he signed that contract late (just before the beginning of the season), so I'm not sure if that means he is clear 7-1-03 or not.

Utah is not going to let Kirilenko go cheaply. They already had a sh&tty bench as it was and with Malone gone, that front line is down to Scott Padgett. If they traded him at all, it would be not be on the cheap.