• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think this team is going to be really good . . .

Packfill

Next year.

The team is still young, although I would argue they have the most experienced group of young players ever assembled, and it appears they will need more seasoning before becoming a credible playoff threat. That is disappointing because the organization has stated that this is the year.

I would expect them to improve dramatically in the second half, maybe even getting an 8th seed - but would get bounced from the playoffs right away due.

I think Horford is going to be a great addition. I definitely wanted Conley, but can't complain about Horford. Hopefully Law finally solves the huge hole this team has had at point guard for the past ten + years.

I also think Woody has to go for the team to take the next step.

Smoove probably has the most natural talent of anyone on the team - when you factor in passing ability, natural timing, athletic ability and assertiveness, if he could ever harness his talents fully it would be a sight to see. He probably would have benefited tremendously from a couple of years in a good college program with solid coaching.

Don't give up for this year - Not yet.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Hawks have a long way to go and many improvements must

be made. Many things to correct.

Some of the bad stuff we se right now will dissapear,

for the most part, later in the season.

Hawks are too talanted, young and feisty to give up

on yet. We'll be giving teams a real fit by mid-season.

thumb3d.gif

Yeah I think some of you think this is a football season.

Matter fact, COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Who the hell gives up on a team 3 games into the season????

Even a veteran team like the Suns had a slow start last year.

I think the Mavs may have lost a couple as well.

Last year's team would have been blown out three straight games.

This year's team has been competitive in each.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yeah I think some of you think this is a football season.

Matter fact, COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Who the hell gives up on a team 3 games into the season????

Even a veteran team like the Suns had a slow start last year.

I think the Mavs may have lost a couple as well.

Last year's team would have been blown out three straight games.

This year's team has been competitive in each.

This team should finish ABOVE .500 and make the playoffs in the 6-8 position...THIS SEASON. I sincerely feel that we have the talent to do that. We've actually done pretty well considering Pachulia's out and our PG play has been shaky. Hortford's solid play offsets Pachulia's absence offensively and we even have better post defense with Hortford in there. Once Law hits his stride and Woody has more confidence in him, we're going to roll. Law IS the key.

So we're 1-2 against 3 solid teams. I'll take it. Especially considering we're the only team with a losing record to have outscored our opponents. We could easily be 2-1 except for a little bad luck in the Detroit game. We'll have luck shine on us a time or two as well over the next 79 games. And we'll only get better as the season moves on. Horford and Law are rookies, and are playing like rookies, but their learning curve should be quick considering their college experience. I look for these guys to cut down on the mistakes significantly around the All-Star break.

Having said that, I went into this opening stretch saying I'd be very happy to be 2-3 after the Boston game. I still think that's a good mark against those 5 teams, especially considering that Detroit game could've gone either way.

These guys will come along quickly this season, and barring injuries, should be playing good ball towards the end of the year. If they can sneak into a playoff spot, this might be a team that can hang on with a better team for 5 games.