• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could 1/2 The 1st Rders Be Foreign Players?

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Would that represent the world catching up to if not dominating US players when, of those foreign players that elect to play here, they comprise half of a draft's 1st round?

NBAdraft.net, which consistently scouts foreign talent fairly accurately, lists 12 of 29 1st rders being foreign. While the tendency is for 1 or 2 to "pull out" late or to fall a little come draft time (meaning foreign players continue to be a draft bargain), I see 9-10 foreign players being drafted in the first round. The world is on "our" stage. Better learn their game.

W

• Admin

I recently saw the 1st round draft list of a one of my "sources". Someone very well connect to the game and its players. On his list I think he had about 11 players in the first round that were foreign.

Despite what some people here think. They aren't flukes or fads. They are athletic young men who have been brought up learning the game differently (shooting over dunking, passing over crossovers). Their upside and potential is just as good, it's just different.

and then you see how well guys like Dirk and Manu have progressed, how their games have meshed with the American style...time for us to stop standing pat.

And I have a feeling we won't because I think Atlanta will make the 6-6 point guard from Croatia, Zoran Planinic, their first round draft pick.

IMO, the first round Europeans will be:

1. Darko Milicic

2. Mickeal Pietrus

3. Maceij Lampe

4. Sophocles Schortsianitis

5. Anderson Varejao

6. Leandro Barbosa

7. Pavel Podkozlin

8. Boris Diaw-Riffiod

9. Aleksander Pavlovic

10. Zarko Cabarkapa

11. Zoran Planinic