• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Loving the ATTITUDE Marvin is showing these days!

bumpyphish1

Well we all knew Shelden was a flop. Well everyone except BK! I mean name five Duke players who actually achieved as much or more in the NBA then they did at Duke. I can think of three. Grant Hill, Elton Brand and Luol Deng thats it but yet they always seemed to have these "so called" stud players (J.Williams,Hurley,Shelden,Laetner,Reddick and the list goes on).

Quote:

Well we all knew Shelden was a flop. Well everyone except BK! I mean name five Duke players who actually achieved as much or more in the NBA then they did at Duke. I can think of three. Grant Hill, Elton Brand and Luol Deng thats it but yet they always seemed to have these "so called" stud players (J.Williams,Hurley,Shelden,Laetner,Reddick and the list goes on).

Maggette, Battier and Boozer have been pretty dang good. Duhon's been solid (better than I expected) and Dunleavey's been less than horrible.

That trend of Dookies flopping in the NBA ended a few years back. It may be back on track as K hasn't been landing the uber athletic guys like he did for a solid 10-year stretch, as well as the fact that several recent top talent future NBA big guys have transferred away or just haven't developed as most expected.

But that run in the late 90s early 00s was chock full of good NBA talent.

Dook has as impressive of an NBA resume right now as just about any school.

I'm an enormous Heels fan, but even I'd have to hesitate when picking between these squads if I wanted to win some games:

Duhon -

Maggette - Hill - Redick

Deng - Battier - Dunleavey

Boozer - Shelden - Randolph

Brand - McRoberts

Felton - McInnis

Stackhouse - McCants - Shammond

Carter - Marvin - Terry - Noel

Jamison - Wright - May (IR)

Sheed - Haywood

Okay, now that I lined it out there I'd certainly take the Heels alumni team, but my point is that the gap is more narrow than ever, and past Dookie failure/success has NOTHING to do with Shelden's ability to succeed in the NBA.

I should repeat that, as the rest of what I've written was really just a tangent for my own entertainment:

Past Dookie failure/success has NOTHING to do with Shelden's ability to succeed in the NBA!

I am not ready to label Shelden a total bust yet, but if he doesn't show something by mid next year, I will drink the kool aid.

I just think we could use him as a big enforcing goon. On the bright side, Horford has the makings of a total stud and makes up for it. Had we not picked Shelden, we might not have gotten Law and Horf.

Quote:

Quote:

Maggette, Battier and Boozer have been pretty dang good. Duhon's been solid (better than I expected) and Dunleavey's been less than horrible.

That trend of Dookies flopping in the NBA ended a few years back. It may be back on track as K hasn't been landing the uber athletic guys like he did for a solid 10-year stretch, as well as the fact that several recent top talent future NBA big guys have transferred away or just haven't developed as most expected.

But that run in the late 90s early 00s was chock full of good NBA talent.

Dook has as impressive of an NBA resume right now as just about any school.

I'm an enormous Heels fan, but even I'd have to hesitate when picking between these squads if I wanted to win some games:

Duhon -

Maggette - Hill - Redick

Deng - Battier - Dunleavey

Boozer - Shelden - Randolph

Brand - McRoberts

Felton - McInnis

Stackhouse - McCants - Shammond

Carter - Marvin - Terry - Noel

Jamison - Wright - May (IR)

Sheed - Haywood

Okay, now that I lined it out there I'd certainly take the Heels alumni team, but my point is that the gap is more narrow than ever, and past Dookie failure/success has NOTHING to do with Shelden's ability to succeed in the NBA.

I should repeat that, as the rest of what I've written was really just a tangent for my own entertainment:

Past Dookie failure/success has NOTHING to do with Shelden's ability to succeed in the NBA!

I completely forgot about boozer he is a beast. Shelden is like 6'7 with no athleticsm. IMO, his girl has more ups than he does.