• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grob for Stackhouse?

Diesel

• Premium Member

The Wiz are in Trouble...

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20030519-125247-1038r.htm

I say that we look to trade for Stack. They might lose him for free otherwise...

Right now... I would say let's make a deal. They are in desperate need of an identity. They have a player thinking about Leaving that sinking ship.

What works right now is Grob/Glover for Stack/Hughes. I would add onto by giving them our 1st at 21.

What's in this for Washington is that they get Grob who can add offense to their offensiveless attack. They get Glover whoose contract is one that they can decide to keep for a year or they can eat. They lose two players (one whom never fit in and who is talking about leaving and leaving them with Capspace).

I would play this lineup:

JT/Hughes/Stackhouse/SAR/Theo. More atheletic, running team that can get things done. Or JT/Stackhouse/Ira/SAR/Theo...Although I prefer having Hughes in the game.

I suspect that Washington could still do a lot. They will have enough money to throw at a SG possibly Maggette. Bring up their first rounder from last year to PG.... Juan Carlos Navarro... Play their young players.... Heywood/Brown..

And try this combo:

Heywood/Brown/Grob/Maggette/Navarro.

That's without mentioning who they will draft. Or who will be coach because Collins is certainly gone And with the 10 and 21 picks in the draft, they have the potential to build nicely for the future.

Stack has an option in his contract that stipulates he can opt out this year (following the season he just finished). When this option expires, I'm not sure...but I'll tell you this, he's not opting out of it.

If I recall correctly, Stack's contract isn't that large (details anyone?). However, with the premier fa's out this year and the cap sitauation of so many teams...he's not going to opt out, not going to make it that easy on Abe.

• Premium Member

You say that Stack is not opting out?

I think Stack is terribly underpaid as a SG and has been for a while. I'm pretty sure he will opt out to see if he can get more money.... A team like Denver might be interested. However, by that same token, too many teams have NO Money. So if we were to sign him, I say we pay his option.

Mainly though, I think he's going to opt out to get out of that mess in Washington. Even though they've ridded themselves of Senor Jordan, there's still nothing there for Stack. It would be better for Washington to build around Brown and see what they can get.

If he picks up his option, it's $6,906,250 for next season and $7,437,500.

The question is can he shop around before picking up the last two years of the deal?

If he can, he might be able to get a long term contract that would pay him less for these next two seasons than he would get paid by picking up his option, but he might make it up on the back end of the deal.