• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WOW at some of you

Frenzy

I know Smoove better than most on here, and I am one of his biggest fans. But he SUCKED big time last night. He made bad decisions the entire game. So did Joe but everyone seems to overlook that. Smoove needs to realize that he can do certain things and he can't to others. He frustrates me at times. Because he has superstar written all over him.....

It's the same thing every year though, It's always Smoove's fault and that will never change. Someone has to be blamed.

Give it some time. This board is the epitome of a LOVE/HATE relationship. Last year it was trade Smoove, then quickly became trade Marvin. It will go back and forth as long as we're not winning.

Truth is Smoove is not the sole reason for our losses. He does so many different things on the court to keep us in the game. Our patience with Marvin is paying off (even though he's still not a finished product); just hang in there a little longer with Smoove. munching_out.gif

• Admin

I don't think that everyone is just jumping on SMith.

I think its a recognition that the balance of the team is not working. Smith at PF with Marvin at SF and Horford at C is not the right rotation. We need a post player in the worst way.

People are looking at solutions to give the team the right balance. Smith maybe better at sf and Horford at PF or Smith maybe better at pf for a running/passing team. Who knows. They are not throwing Smith to the wolves. Actually they want to make a change to get a quality player back that makes the team better. Smith has a lot of value and so might get us the best return.

It just seems like Marv plays within the flow of the offense. He seems coachable. Smoove really looks like he has his own agenda. Maybe we just need a healthy Acie. I think if Acie gets back healthy and starts asserting his game AND his role as leader of our offense things will change. Then maybe when Smoove rebounds the ball LAW WILL DEMAND IT so when they go up the court Law has the ball and Smoove is on the wing the way IT SHOULD BE. If it doesnt happen and Smoove continues to try to be a one man gang then his ayss needs to be ON THE PINE.

I think we can win with Marv/Smoove/Horford at SF/PF/C. We just need a facilitator to make it work. Law is a good floor general but not ready to do the job full-time, even if healthy. I know, I'm Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif but...

How many teams in the league can win without a real PG? On top of that, we're still less experienced than most teams. BTW, Andre Miller's role in Philly seems to be diminishing rapidly due to the progress of Lou Williams. scratchchin.gif

Quote:

I think we can win with Marv/Smoove/Horford at SF/PF/C. We just need a facilitator to make it work. Law is a good floor general but not ready to do the job full-time, even if healthy. I know, I'm
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif
but...

How many teams in the league can win without a real PG? On top of that, we're still less experienced than most teams. BTW, Andre Miller's role in Philly seems to be diminishing rapidly due to the progress of Lou Williams.
scratchchin.gif

I agree,i think we can win with that combo.It's just that our PG's are pretty much below average

Quote:

I know Smoove better than most on here, and I am one of his biggest fans. But he SUCKED big time last night. He made bad decisions the entire game. So did Joe but everyone seems to overlook that. Smoove needs to realize that he can do certain things and he can't to others. He frustrates me at times. Because he has superstar written all over him.....

It's the same thing every year though, It's always Smoove's fault and that will never change. Someone has to be blamed.

You know who Smoove reminds me of? And I know people have compared him to Andrew Jones. But to me, being a Cincinnati Bengals fan, he reminds me a lot of Chad Johnson.

He doesn't remind me of Chad personality wise, but he reminds me of Chad in how inconsistent he is as a ballplayer.

Chad will make the spectacular play, but not always make the routine plays to keep a drive alive. He probably drops more easy passes than anyone in the NFL. Maybe even more than T.O.

But there is no doubt that when Chad is on his game, he's a top 5 receiver in the league. But when it comes to consistency, our other less hearled receiver, T.J. Houshmanzedah, is far more consistent and makes just about ALL of the routine plays. In essence, he could be compared to Marvin Williams, if Chad is comparable to Smoove.

When Carson Palmer needs a big play, he looks for Chad. When he needs a completion to keep a drive going, he almost always looks for T.J.

Last night was a game in which Smoove and the coaches should've realized that it wasn't going to be a good matchup for him. Tim Duncan is the best defensive big man in the league. The stuff Smoove did against Milwaukee was NOT going to work against Duncan.

On those nights, I wish the coaches and Smoove would concentrate on him hitting the boards and being a distributor, instead of trying to be a primary scorer. We needed a 10 point . . 12 rebound . . 5 assist . . 3 block game from Smoove last night, instead of a big scoring game.

Like you said. It's all about him knowing what he can and can't do. And he also has to realize who he can do those things against.

Tonight, he's going to be matched up against Haslem. Now he should have a better game against Udonis, but you always have to worry about Shaq in the middle coming to help out. So if he doesn't get it going early, the matchup we need to exploit is Marvin vs Ricky Davis or JJ against Hardaway ( when D-Wade isn't in the game ).

But most important, Josh needs to ALWAYS hit the boards. That frustrates me more about his game, than the inconsistent scoring. We need Smoove to make a concerted effort to grab 10 rebounds a night. We can do without his 20 points, if he gets those 10 boards.

Quote:

Josh Smith has a bad game now everybody wants to trade him,lol
uglyhammer.gif

The trade talk is a little ridiculous though. Smoove does need to be restrained on those nights when he's killing the team. LOL . . but the problem is, who are you going to put in his place?

Shelden?

ZaZa?

Wright?

LOL. Ish, he has to play, even when he's making tons of mistakes.

Quote:

Quote:

Josh Smith has a bad game now everybody wants to trade him,lol
uglyhammer.gif

The trade talk is a little ridiculous though. Smoove does need to be restrained on those nights when he's killing the team. LOL . . but the problem is, who are you going to put in his place?

Shelden?

ZaZa?

Wright?

LOL. Ish, he has to play, even when he's making tons of mistakes.

I wish we had a Carson Palmer though scratchchin.gif

That's a solid comparison.

Quote:

But most important, Josh needs to ALWAYS hit the boards. That frustrates me more about his game, than the inconsistent scoring. We need Smoove to make a concerted effort to grab 10 rebounds a night. We can do without his 20 points, if he gets those 10 boards.

Right on.

• Admin

it really has nothing to do with individual games or a string of bad games. It's that people who follow the team are starting to come to the realization that Josh Smith is going to be out of position, in one way or another, regardless of what position he plays. His attitude and anti-team antics on the court aren't helping either.

Quote:

Quote:

You know who Smoove reminds me of? And I know people have compared him to Andrew Jones. But to me, being a Cincinnati Bengals fan, he reminds me a lot of Chad Johnson.

He doesn't remind me of Chad personality wise, but he reminds me of Chad in how inconsistent he is as a ballplayer.

Chad will make the spectacular play, but not always make the routine plays to keep a drive alive. He probably drops more easy passes than anyone in the NFL. Maybe even more than T.O.

But there is no doubt that when Chad is on his game, he's a top 5 receiver in the league. But when it comes to consistency, our other less hearled receiver, T.J. Houshmanzedah, is far more consistent and makes just about ALL of the routine plays. In essence, he could be compared to Marvin Williams, if Chad is comparable to Smoove.

When Carson Palmer needs a big play, he looks for Chad. When he needs a completion to keep a drive going, he almost always looks for T.J.

Last night was a game in which Smoove and the coaches should've realized that it wasn't going to be a good matchup for him. Tim Duncan is the best defensive big man in the league. The stuff Smoove did against Milwaukee was NOT going to work against Duncan.

On those nights, I wish the coaches and Smoove would concentrate on him hitting the boards and being a distributor, instead of trying to be a primary scorer. We needed a 10 point . . 12 rebound . . 5 assist . . 3 block game from Smoove last night, instead of a big scoring game.

Like you said. It's all about him knowing what he can and can't do. And he also has to realize who he can do those things against.

Tonight, he's going to be matched up against Haslem. Now he should have a better game against Udonis, but you always have to worry about Shaq in the middle coming to help out. So if he doesn't get it going early, the matchup we need to exploit is Marvin vs Ricky Davis or JJ against Hardaway ( when D-Wade isn't in the game ).

I agree with you.....

Quote:

I think its a recognition that the balance of the team is not working. Smith at PF with Marvin at SF and Horford at C is not the right rotation. We need a post player in the worst way.

I think this was the point about whom to draft this offseason. I-F you want a 2 small forward rotation like JS and MW then you MUST have a true, preferably 2-way dominant center (i.e. Bynum). Horford can play some center in a pinch, but he d@mn sure isn't one even next to a true Pf. The two together at the 4/5 are simply too undersized and underskilled. This draft didn't provide a center solution for us. Two years in a row we've tried to stretch players to play the center position and it simply will not work.

Quote:

Smith has a lot of value and so might get us the best return.

Yes, he has value. Yes, however we got here we need to make a change. Lastly, I still believe that whatever change we likely make, we will not have enough talent to contend because of BK's incessant mistakes. As far as Smith...he is also a player I would least like to see traded within our conference because he will do everything in his power to own us when his team plays us. If you trade him, trade him FAR away. Personally, I'd rather trade MW or if a true center prospect can be had like Bynum, Horford.

W

W

Quote:

As far as Smith...he is also a player I would least like to see traded within our conference because he will do everything in his power to own us when his team plays us.

Not too concerned about Josh "owning" us because he'd be angry at the franchise. If making him angry would get his shot to fall, why doesn't somebody just start kicking this kid in the nuts before games.

Quote:

it really has nothing to do with individual games or a string of bad games. It's that people who follow the team are starting to come to the realization that Josh Smith is going to be out of position, in one way or another, regardless of what position he plays. His attitude and anti-team antics on the court aren't helping either.

Amen to that. I compare Smith to Vick in the fact that hes got a million dollar body and a 10 cent head. I hope he gets it together for the good of the team but if he doesn't we wont be watching him play here next year. Someone will pay him a good amount of money this summer because NBA contracts are just ridiculous anyway.