• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

8 out of top 10 picks are EASTERN PICKS!

cyman3

guys, im worried! seems like every EASTERN TEAM has a bright future next year except for us.

B/C of cap situation, we're not going to have any major FREE AGENTS. In fact, if anything.. we're going to have a weaker roster if we lose TERRY. BEST CASE- we have the same team as this past year.... which doesnt sound too good.

- 8 out of top 10 picks are EASTERN TEAMS

1)CLEVELAND

2)DETROIT

3)denver

4)TORONTO

5)MIAMI

6)la clippers

7)CHICAGO

8)MILWAUKEE

9)NY

10)WASHINGTON

NJ/DETROIT/76ERS are in their own league as the powerhouses of the EAST. No reason for those teams to NOT make the playoffs. INDIANA/NEW ORLEANS/BOSTON always find a way to make the playoffs. ORLANDO has the recent trade that makes them good enuf to squeeze by in the east and MILWAUKEE can add a player that can help out real quick.

teams to watch out for-

1)New York. They are a PG away from being good. McDysse is back + TJ FORD? Not to mention, Houston is playing his best right now.

2)Miami. Mourning will be back. When he left, he was the 2nd best center behind SHAQ. While i dont expect him to retain his title as the 2nd best center, he will be an above average starting center. Not to mention a more experienced BUTLER + 5th pick (another BUTLER like player?).

3)Toronto. this year, they were good w/ VINCE. They need another superstar and @ 4th pick, they are in a good position to pick one! 2 VINCE CARTERS on 1 team???

4)Chicago. They were little worse than us last year. I see them improving slowly...

teams that did not upgrade (or teams taht still sucks)...

1)Washington- losing JORDAN hurts... i dont care, that #10 pick will not be able to contribute like 40 year old jordan.

2)US- best case, we learn chemistry and squeeze into the playoffs.

3)CLEVELAND- worse case- LEBRON turns out ROOKIE OF THE YEAR and contributes like Stoudemire/Garnett in their respective years. still needs time.... a highschooler taking their teams to the playoffs w/o a star like Marbury/Marion is very unlikely.

- im scared... we can only count on CHEMISTRY to improve our team... gulp!

I told you so didn't I?

We have no room to move in any direction.Chicago

will be better next year and they'll take the extra

spot that New Orleans will lose when they move to

the west.

I hope Pete never gets another NBA job.He didn't

deserve the ones he has had.He;s never took a

step to make a championship worthy team.

WRONG...Two more years before they can start

rebuilding....AGAIN.

You think any good players are going to come here

as a FA?I seriousally doubt it.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

You think any good players are going to come here

as a FA?I seriousally doubt it.

I understand your skepticism, but don't share it. The new management has to make this a top priority, but Atlanta is a great destination for Af-Am players...

We have a hick is a owner.How can anybody expect

a hick to understand anything about Atlanta or basket

ball for that manner?

I just don't understand how this guy is gunna to under

stand how to do things about basketball.Will he under

stand how to market and improve Phillips to make it

enjoyable to fans?I have my doubts.

Not to mention two years is a awefully longtime to

wait just to start rebuilding.I don't really think I

can watch other teams in the playoffs while we remain

in the gutter for two more years just so that we

can start rebuilding.

• Premium Member

First off Coaches.

I don't think many coaches can get the production that Silas got out of N.O. Especially is N.O. gets Floyd. I also have concerns about the 76ers. IF Brown leaves that team, they will probably go to crap too.

Cleveland will be an improved team. I don't know how serious Gund was when he said " We don't know who we are picking yet." It makes me wonder... Doggone, you have no clue. Anywho, their improvement won't mean much. Even with James, they will still be too young and inexperienced at every position to be good. I can imagine them putting:

Juanny/James/Davis?/Boozer/Big Z on the floor together. Really, that's not better than they have had when Miller was there.

Toronto has a lot of ills. It looks like they will get either Kaman or Bosh. I just don't see them wasting this high of a pick on Ford. The new coach will have to choose which players to develop. IF they go with Bosh, they will have to wait while he get a few more pounds on him.

I can see Toronto going with:

Antonio Davis/JYD (And Bosh)/Mo Pete/Carter/Hunter. This squad is not good enough to win anything but they will be exciting.

Miami is left with leftovers. All in all, I can see them taking Kaman over Ford too. I mean, they move Grant back to PF, play Kaman as C and Butler, Jones, and FA pickup rounds out the rest of the starters. The point is that not much is changing in Miami.

The Clipps would take Lampe or Schortsanitis. Remember this is the same team that picked Ely and Wilcox last year when they already had Brand.

Chicago would probably take Dwayne Wade. If they do the KG deal, Minn would probably take Lampe for their PF spot.

And a talent like Ford might end up going to NY.

But even if NY gets the best Gaurd in the game... They will still be bad. McDyess might not play until Jan. They have no C. Spree is losing his speed so he's no longer an advantage at Sf.

Trades will be important too.

You have to figure, Toronto will trade A. Williams, Spree will be traded from the Knicks, Grob might be traded from Atlanta, Cassell could be traded from Milwaukee, KG might be traded to Chicago, Miles & Davis will be traded from Cleveland. Etc.