• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Slightly used JT for Trade?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was thinking about our situation. It demands trade... But trade What?

Well, Nazr for One...

But a SNT of JT might be the order of the day. Here's my thoughts....

Why not SNT JT to Seattle for Barry/12 pick of the draft.

JT is better than Barry and he's just what Seattle NEEDS. A Backcourt of JT/Allen will sell tickets and will rack up wins.

Secondly, we can use that 12th pick. I disagree with some. I don't think Miami passes up Kaman. They've been playing Grant out of position and they have plenty of PGs. Ford falls to NY.

That means that:

Hinrich, Ridnour, and Barbosa will be available in the draft. OR Wade. I would take Wade too and play Barry as PG.

However, there are a lot of interesting Deals but having Barry makes the difference.

If we could get Barry/Hinrich, I'd bet money that we'd do a lot more than JT and say Moore.

Then there's the opportunity to sign Kenny Anderson to a deal.

Hinrich/Anderson/Dickau

Barry/DJ

Grob/Outlaw/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

I would roll into the season with this.

Under your scenario, are the Hawks drafting Travis Outlaw at 21? I'm assuming so, but I just want to make sure.

It's an interesting series of moves. Is Allen a good enough ballhandler to properly complement Jason Terry. Jason Terry's an interesting asset in the league because, while most seems to agree that he's an outstanding basketball player, his trade value is less than players of similar caliber because he's so much of a tweener.

A future lineup of Hinrich/DJ (or Barry, to improve team ballhandling)/Outlaw/SAR/Theo would be a really impressive lineup (a faster PF would be nice, but Shareef will be fine) with veryy good size and great defensive potential. My main concerns (beyond the health of DJ) regard Outlaw. Would he eventually bulk up, or is he built too much like DJ where he'll always border on too-thin? Secondly, will he work to improve his game, or will he follow the path of Darius Miles and never transform his incredible athleticism into incredible basketball skill? Obviously, only time would tell, but that team would be young and able to keep up with anyone (and might play better defense than Detroit under the right coach/system). And not many teams in the league can have 4 6'9" players with good to great athleticism on the floor at once (just need some more size for frontline back-ups).

Although by trading Terry, the Hawks lose a great community contributor, the long-term outlook of the team may be improved. And, in the long run, wins-stable franchise.

Unless someone can come up with a plausible sign and trade to bring in Jason Kidd or some other player that instantly makes everyone around him better, I don't believe there is a quick fix for the Hawks. So the team has to resort to making smaller changes for now.

A trade that amounts to Terry for Barry/Heinrich improves overall team ballhandling, which I would consider a plus. Plus, while Heinrich might not be the basketball player Terry is (not really sure of this personally), he appears to be a smarter PG. Also a plus. The 21st pick can then be used on an athletic SF (preferably) or SG who can hopefully come in right away, play some defense and, not look totally lost on offense; when Big Dog comes off the books (whether an ending contract of by trade), the 21st pick will hopefully be ready to step in and be a competent starter. Big Dog's salary can be used for something else. A third plus.

This plan does not promise immediate gains in the Win-Loss column, but it puts the Hawks in a better situation than if they simply resigned Terry.

In other words...We are doomed...A 21st pick is probably

a 8th man on a team if this is truely a weak draft.

Rookie/Barry/Dog/Reef/Theo will not win games.Not

enough talent.

You are right,not much can be done...But I'd rather

make in effort in trading JT and bring to in real talent

and try and put something together in the next two

years.

Go after Ricky Davis....Not old legs Brent Barry and

some bum rookie.

How is Hinrich a smarter point guard when he played shooting guard for the Jayhawks?

Aaron Miles was their point guard.

If we made that deal and got the 12th pick, it would have to be for Leandrinho Barbosa. I don't think he will be there though.

Miami will draft a point guard. Having a number of point guards on a team doesn't mean you have quality. The Heat's point guards suck, and Travis Best is a free agent. They will be the team that plunges and takes TJ Ford.

• Premium Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=4092

First off, yes he did play SG, however, Kansas is not really a gaurd specific offense. The 1 or the 2 can set up the offense. Moreover, he's expected to be a 1 primarily in the NBA. Secondly, Hinrich can Shoot but more importantly he's smart because he has the curse of being a coaches son. You know, like Pistol Pete.

And for D. Greene, Yes, I would take Outlaw at 21. Reason being with Gaurd and Off Gaurd taking care of, we can make a move for the future. I think that Outlaw has great athleticism and in 2 years, (when Dog is gone) we might be able to put a team with:

Hinrich/DJ/Outlaw/SAR/Theo on the floor. That would be infinitely more athletic than we are now.