• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did you guys see me Wednesday vs. The Bucks??

bumpyphish1

Okay, I am sorry to gloat, but I bet you would have too if you were me.

I sat in Ted Turner's seats Wednesday vs. the Bucks. They are front row, floor, opposite side of press table/benches, about 5 seats down from mid court - unbelievable seats! $700 face value for EACH ticket. I was wearing a white retro Spud Webb pac-man jersey among all the snobbish elite dressed like business-men.

I was able to get the ticks b/c a friend of mine's g/f works in Turner's office and they can put claims for tickets from time to time.

Based on pictures from the program, I saw at least 5 owners sitting in my general vicinity - old and young Seydel (turns out my friends g/f actually knew young Rutherford and we talked to him for a good 5 minutes or so after the game), Peskowitz, one more maybe, and Bruce Levenson whose seats were literally adjacent to us. I have to say, seeing so many owners there was a good sign that they have at least some interest in the team.

I spoke to Levenson first after the game. I told him it was great to see him and the other owners at the game - good to see they care. He smiled and seemed friendly. Then, as I was parting, I suggested to him that they fire Mike Woodson. Needless to say, his facial expression made a 180 - ha! A minute or two later, Leigh (my friends g/f) approached young Rutherford and then we walked over to greet him. Spoke to him at length. Seemed really down to earth, somewhat humble, and very friendly. He loved my jersey. I was able to speak somewhat in detail about my thoughts on the team. He said my jersey and enthusiasm certainly lended me some credibility. I told him we HAD to fire Woody, to which he reacted differently than Levenson. I was even able to articulate that my biggest fear was Woody getting us an eighth seed and saving his job because I knew a decent coach could get us a sixth seed at least. Very cool experience.

Another highlight: I brought my red retro 'Nique Pac-man jersey for my friend to wear. He was concerned about looking mature, proper, yada yada, so he didnt wear it. But, at half time, I walked over to Nique who was sitting on our row at the other end of the court, and got him to sign the jersey - very cool. "To Alex, Dominique Wilkins, HOF '06". Tiiiiiiiight!

Oh yeah, and the Hawks won in impressive fashion. So, it was a great experience.

So Hawksquawk, did you see me? I just had to share my experience. And, don't say I didnt do my part to get Wood-head fired.

Quote:

Being the vain person I am, I pre-recorded the game on DVR before I went and you could see me (the back of me) every time the ball passed mid court.

Since I just learned how to do this, here i am at the game:

goodtimeszz1.jpg

Wow. If those were seats to an NBA game that would have been amazing! hidesbehindsofa.gif Sorry, it was too easy. Thanks for telling the owners what you think. It couldn't have hurt.

Quote:

nice seats, and congrats....but why?!?

WHYYYYY the UN-Authentic jerseys?!?!?

Because they were cheap on Ebay. If you couldnt tell from my post, I am not in the same tax bracket as those that I sat around Wednesday. I think the Spud jersey looks pretty good, no? Nique's is a little fake looking - agreed