• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just saw this on ESPNEWS (Coaching!)

dickaufan12

I was just watching ESPNEWS, and Ric Bucher was on. He was taking about the NBA coaching vacancies, and when the Hawks came up, he said that the new ownership is having financial difficulties. If the sale goes through, he says that Mike Dunleavy is going to be in Atlanta. If ownership stays the same, Stotts will most likely stay onboard.

The only mention of Mike Fratello was that if New Orleans can get up enough money, he'll go there. If not, he's staying in the booth. No talk of him in Atlanta.

Sounds fun.

Sounds kinda bad to me.But I don't think Dunleavy is

a done deal if new ownership takes place.If it doesn't

(even though mcDavid strikes me as a clown)there are

surely no hope if ownership remands the same.

If ownership stays the same I truely don't feel I can

continue to follow a team with no hope.Enough is

enough..If mangement stays the same we are in

no better situation than the Clippers.The new

ownership is this franchises only shot at having

any hope.

I feel the new ownership will go through...but will

Dunleavy get the Rockets job?

Dunleavy could not win with Blazers when they were more talented then they are now. He had Pippen and Steve Smith before they got too old and were still playing at all star levels. Not mention Dale Davis and Sabonis when they still had twice the game they now have. Plus Wallace's theatrics were at a all time high when Dunleavy was the coach. I wonder if it was his decision to trade Jermaine O'Niel for the aging Dale Davis. Stotts would probably be a better coach and demand 1/2 of Dunleavy's salary.

If it is true that McDavid is having trouble wit hfinances or with financing the team then he should not be approved by the league to be an NBA owner. You should not own a team if you can barely afford to buy it. I want to see an owner who sees this as his passion, not his business (like AOL does).

I'm not sure, but I thought I read McDavid has just sufficient funds to buy the team outright as a sole owner. However he wants to spread the risk and just be a majority owner and that's the current problem getting that funding worked out.

As for Dunleavy, why did the man not take a frikking timeout while the Lakers were eating away at the Blazers lead?

I would rather have Silas come in and coach this team.

I sincerely hope his info is wrong about the new ownership's fiancial woes. It would be a poor business decision to purchase this team, along with the Thrashers and rights to the Phil without the cash to spend to improve the teams. He will lose money unless he can generate wins, and hence, income. I know the NBA has to really check out his financial background before approving the sale but I am surprised it has taken this long. Would the NBA take this long with Mr. Blank? Maybe there is some real doubts about Mr. McDavid's fortune. Then again I am probably being overly negative.

"Dunleavy could not win with Blazers when they were more talented then they are now."

wel technically he did win... he even (undeservedly won coach of the year one year). he couldn't win the big game in 200 however that is definitely true...

"He had Pippen and Steve Smith before they got too old and were still playing at all star levels."

I dunno about all star levels but they were certainly better than now.

"Not mention Dale Davis and Sabonis when they still had twice the game they now have."

Actually they are pretty much about at the same level now as 2-3 years ago, IMO.

"Plus Wallace's theatrics were at a all time high when Dunleavy was the coach."

Yes. Wallace hated Dunleavy as did many other players. Honestly I don't know if any of them liked him.

"I wonder if it was his decision to trade Jermaine O'Niel for the aging Dale Davis. "

Whitsitt blamed it on Dunleavy, Dunleavy blamed it on Whitsitt. When they signed Oneal to the l-t contract he was promised playing time. He didn't get it. Whitsitt supposedly insisted Dunleavy play him but Dunleavy didn't (he was behind Wallace and Grant at PF, and I also suspect that he was entrenched in dunleavy's doghouse too). Ultimately I think that the two fuc&heads worked hand in hand on that bonehead move.

"Stotts would probably be a better coach and demand 1/2 of Dunleavy's salary."

Yes, and probably less than 1/2.