• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you like as coach ?

coachx

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Woody has a ring too !

Don't count. I mean as head man, not clipboard carrier.

I agree with the poster that said BK and L Brown wouldn't work out together. To get Brown, I would be willing to make that sacrifice.

What is the list of guys who have gotten rings as head coaches in the league, though?

Phil Jackson

Pat Riley

Gregg Popovich

Larry Brown

Rudy T.

Chuck Daly

KC Jones

Billy Cunningham

Paul Westhead

Bill Fitch

d*ck Motta

Jack Ramsey

That goes back over the last 30 years. Other than Larry Brown and Paul Westhead, is there anyone who is still active and available?

Quote:

Other than Larry Brown and Paul Westhead, is there anyone who is still active and available?

I don't think so, unless Riles is getting tired of the situation at South Beach.

The paucity of names just proves the point to me - not many are capable of winning the title, even with a good team.

• Premium Member

I think winning a championship is more than just coaching. You have to have experience and timing and talent.

A few of the guys on the list.... I have to wonder.

Were they just in the right place at the right time?

Quote:

A few of the guys on the list.... I have to wonder.

Were they just in the right place at the right time?

Could be. Repeat rings much preferred. L. Brown, the only one probably available, has only one ring, but he took a different team to the finals, and he also won an NCAA championship.

I agree with whoever said he is a short termer and a head case, but he is in rarefied atmosphere as a coach.

I have wondered if Carlisle might not be capable of a ring. He has at least gotten a couple of teams to the verge, or deep in the playoffs.