• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All I need is one game

Swatguy

The Hawks at 8-10 are within 1 game in the eastern standings of 6 teams. That is 1 game for 5th place in the conference. 1 Game. Based on most of the post on this board, it means nothing. With every loss and most wins it is "fire Woody", "Josh shoots to much", "JJ is average" and the such. The major problem is maturity. Better said the lack of maturity. This team will grow up and get better, better than the "1" game needed to get over the hump.

I'm not sure about the board.

As Nas would say, "All I need is one ..."

Quote:

The Hawks at 8-10 are within 1 game in the eastern standings of 6 teams. That is 1 game for 5th place in the conference. 1 Game. Based on most of the post on this board, it means nothing. With every loss and most wins it is "fire Woody",
josh shoots too much
"JJ is average" and the such. The major problem is maturity. Better said the lack of maturity. This team will grow up and get better, better than the "1" game needed to get over the hump.

As Nas would say, "All I need is one ..."

if josh shot 47 percent for the season people would [censored] about that

• Admin

If he continues to take better more intelligent shots like he has been doing I don't think people will have problems with him trying to score. He just is not a very good outside shooter and he was taking too many jump shots. Some of those shots were not even coming close to going in. There are times he needs to make that extra pass instead of taking a jump shot.

When he slashes he it is a whole different ball game. That is what he should be focusing on.

Quote:

The Hawks at 8-10 are within 1 game in the eastern standings of 6 teams. That is 1 game for 5th place in the conference. 1 Game. Based on most of the post on this board, it means nothing. With every loss and most wins it is "fire Woody", "Josh shoots to much", "JJ is average" and the such. The major problem is maturity. Better said the lack of maturity. This team will grow up and get better, better than the "1" game needed to get over the hump.

Yeah, it may just be one game. But here is the REAL crux of the issue that you are overlooking: Even if we were to make the playoffs, it would surely, surely be an early exit with the way we are consistently (or lack thereof) playing. Simple as that. Yes, some things have changed (J Smoove's shot selection, Acie is now back, Marvin is playing better), but we still have a stooge of a coach that makes questionable substitutions and plays, no veteran presence on the team, we have been thoroughly outrebounded past couple games or so, no ready PG--Acie is definitely our future and will be good, just needs time, and a stagnant offense. These are just some of the many reasons why people are calling for Woody's head and aren't all that thrilled over just one game back.

The point of "the One" is how really close we are. One more healthy point. One more big sold out to the system and doing the dirty work. It was interesting listening to Marvin speak of the Pistons as a team that plays "all out" every trip down the court. That's "one" revelation needed to separate the pack. One player in constant motion (ala Rip). One more pass to the better shot (and not at second 23). The team is close and there are SIXTY-FOUR games left. The immature panic. The maturing guy grows intrepid to fulfill destiny.

I believe they are on track.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:

Joe gets it...

Tell them Joe

Wow great article!

Thanks for posting that.

That's the type of thing that should make a front page.

I think it helps that some of these players were on the 13 win team. They appreciate this winning even more.

And of course it helps that Al Horford has a winning mentality along with Joe.

Man I thought it was only us crazed fans thinking about the Hawks on Christmas.

Looks like the players are just as enthusiastic as we are.

I can't wait for tomorrow night. Let's keep this thing going!

Portland who?