• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin sucked against the Bobcats...

thesheedera

Quote:

And wasn't it Marvin that allowed Gerald Wallace to score 40+?

No it wasn't. He spent some time on Gerald but most of the time he was on J Rich, Carrol and McInnis. With our lack of guards we had him on smaller players much of the game.

Edit: I was referring to the most recent Bobcats game, can't remember who Marvin spent most of his time on when Gerald went for 40.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

D on whom? Marvin always plays the weakest offensive player on the squad. Either JJ, Horford or Smoove is given the heavy lifting.

[/indent]

Igoudala(4-14),Stojakovic(2-12), Gay(6-18), Carter(6-16) he wasn't guarding them the whole game because we switch, but he was on them for most of the time. [/quote

Im callin BS on that. We had JJ on Iguodala and Smoove on Rudy Gay and Peja.

And wasn't it Marvin that allowed Gerald Wallace to score 40+?

[/indent]

Haha, nice try it was actualy your boy Smoove. I watched the freaking game.

[/indent]

Also Marvin was on Gay most of the time, but he scored only 2 times on Marvin, one on a lucky bank shot and other and 1 to end the third quarter i think.

Marvin was on Peja all the time, he was trying to double West who was killing Smoove and Horfy, but he still contested Peja's shot when he passed to him.

• Premium Member

Yeah...

I like the way you look at it. Let's call him smart but refuse to call him a role player.

Let's see...

Derrick Fisher = Smart Player.

Robert Horry = Smart Player.

Jim Paxson and Steve Kerr = Smart Players.

However, what are they without Shaq, Duncan, or MJ??

Like I said, Marvin is a role player... Just like these other guys... If you want to redefine that as "Smart player being in the right place at the right time"... OK.. Whatever.

I just know this... When we need somebody to step up their game (when JJ is slumping).. the Smart player will do what he always does... Go to his spot on the floor and wait for his number to be called.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin HAS carried this team in stretches of games that we've won.

Which game can you point to and say, "you know if Marvin didn't step up, we wouldn't have won"...

Which one?

ices_rofl.gif

See - he got you guys.

There were several mentioned above but the one I attended was:

Quote:

Against Minny he got to the line 15 times (nobody else in the game got there more than 7) and scored 20 pts in a 1 pt victory

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Which game can you point to and say, "you know if Marvin didn't step up, we wouldn't have won"...

Which one?

ices_rofl.gif

See - he got you guys.

There were several mentioned above but the one I attended was:

Quote:

Against Minny he got to the line 15 times (nobody else in the game got there more than 7) and scored 20 pts in a 1 pt victory

That doesn't count. Diesel thinks Wolves is an NBDL team. He'll also put you on ignore list. Next...

• Premium Member

You mean the Minny game where Smoove carried the team and JJ hit the game winner??

Let's look at some quotes from HS about the game:

Quote:

JJ and JS came through in the clutch. JS made the stickback off a JJ miss that kept us alive and JJ made the finisher. Much as I woulda liked to see us close them out earlier - at least we got the W. Now we need to take out the Griz.

-DJLaysitup

Quote:

While JJ hasn't been on as a whole, he's been big time when the Hawks need him late in close games. Maybe this game winner is a slump buster. People who doubt JJ, even when he's struggling, haven't been paying attention. Either that, or they just don't like the guy.

Excellent games by Smoove, Marvin and Horford. I love Smoove's shot selection and recognition tonight.

People just need to understand that this is the M.O. of the Hawks.

-Northcyde

Quote:

I've withdrawn my support for JJ ever since he came out with his infamous comments about how he needs help after a positive pre-season and then proceeded to stink it up during the regular season. And now look what has happened..
Josh Smith has gotten his act together, Marvin is playing consistent and efficient and Horford is a beast.
In fact, one can make the argument now that they are carrying him!

-PeroriaBird

Quote:

There may be some frustration on JS's part because JJ has his money and JS is yet to be paid tho.
Still - helluva game by JS tonight. Without him we aren't even in it late.

P.S. for Maevin - nice driving and getting fouled. Please start being "money" at the line again though. I don't think you are pushing your right arm across your chest far enough in your pre-shot routine...don't rush!

-DJLaysitup.

Quote:

(ABOUT MARVIN) He took over during a significant run in the 4th quarter. They were letting him take Brewer to school on offense.

One criticims is that he needs to focus better on blocking out his man and getting the rebound. He was matched up with Brewer on a significant number of those rebounds and either didn't put a body on him or didn't go aggresively after the ball.

-AHF...

Straight from the game thread AHF... It Proves that Marvin contributed... BUT he didn't carry. Nobody but you and one other even mentioned Marvin's significance in the game... and with that, you both had criticisms about what he did wrong...

NOW you want to act like without him we would have lost?

Let's put it together.

JS carried.

JJ won it

and

Marvin played consistently.

Quote:

Quote:

Which one?

You need to make up your mind what you are talking about. Stepping up is one thing carrying a team is another.

JJ was 3-17 against the suns and marvin was 10-15 with 12 rebounds. that would qualify on both counts.

• Moderators

Quote:

You mean the Minny game where Smoove carried the team and JJ hit the game winner??

Yes. I am talking about the game where we dug a big hole with a terrible third quarter and Marvin took over during a key stretch of the 4th quarter where he pulled the team into a position to win the game at the end.

I like that he gets third billing on a night where both JS and JJ had 4 times as many turnovers and where JJ took 10 more shots and scored one more point.

We won by 1 point. Marvin took over a key part of the game. Of course we wouldn't have won without any of those three guys - or without Horford's big rebounding.

That is absolutely an example of Marvin putting the team on his shoulders during a critical part of a game that we barely won due principally to those four key guys.