• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Duncan + Robinson = game one victory

Where was Deke? Time to take him out of the

doghouse and let him play some more minutes.

Too much scoring inside that Deke could help

control, don't you think???

We of the east are down one.

Oh well, they gotta play again.

The Spurs got so many layups and dunks I wanted to puke. Scott should have put Deke in, there is no excuse for not putting him in. Coaches have to big of egos just like players, but it should be about winning. They needed Mutumbo yesterday and a feud kept them from being competitve. Sad.

for New Jersey.

Mutombo MUST be more involved in SCOTTs rotation. While NO ONE in this league can defend TIM DUNCAN one-on-one in the low post, MUTOMBO (IMO) does a better job than Martin. But they do need Martin to score all their inside points.

Mutombo should be getting more minutes than Collins.

But think about it this way... Byron Scotts point of view

1)his rotation has been working so far.

2)maybe Collins is bustin his butt at practice while Deke is just complaining, and therefore SCOTT gives the young fella more minutes.

3)Mutombo is FOR-SURE not part of New Jerseys future, but Collins is. Maybe they want to give Collins more experience.

Either way, ADJUSTMENTS must be made... im looking forward to game 2 cuz i know Scott wont just sit there and make the same mistakes again.

the Admiral. D Rob has consistently eaten Mutombo for lunch since they have both been in the league and when he was on D Rob last night, D Rob schooled him again. Deke might have more success against Duncan simply because Duncan hasn't faced Deke man to man very often.

It certainly can't hurt to try Deke on Duncan because as I said before the series started, K-Mart will be in foul trouble every game if he is asked to guard Duncan man to man. Reef gets K-Mart in foul trouble on a fairly regular basis and Reef is nowhere near Duncan.

Honestly though, unless J Kidd shoots better and Jefferson gets more aggressive on both ends, NJ is not going to win anyway.

• Premium Member

He outlasted his nemesis Stephon Marbury...

He outlasted the refs and lucky Lakers...

He countered Nash...

Now, he's trying to counter Jason Kidd...

If he succeeds, doesn't he deserve the PG spot?

This little guy has gone from an awkward, set-shot to a much quicker, crisper shoot (His % will increase with time). Plus, that "teardrop" is hard to defend. If he continues to improve he'll be an All-Star sooner than later. He's only 21, so why wouldn't he?

Funny thing is, Manu may be the better of the two. Were these two players steals at their draft positions or what?

sure they would upgrade (for the time being) at the point guard spot.

But think about it in the SPURS point of view.

They got this 21 year old point guard (21!!!). He matches that team perfectly (im not too sure how hed do on a different team though). He got 10+ years to raise his max potential.

This team w/o KIDD is capable of beating any WESTERN TEAM, they beat the LAKERS!!!

Now the big question, DAVID ROBINSON is leaving. They have money to spend... wouldnt it make more sense to go w/ a BIG GUY??? like J ONEAL? so they could leave right where they left off?

would u replace a Young PG with the best PG in this game or replace a top 50 player with an allstar center/powerforward?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Im REALLY starting to like MANU. The guy is athletic and isint scared to take it to the RIM. Sure he cant finish as well as the other guys, but he takes it to the RIM (which gives him a chance to go to the FT line). Hes a very good TEAM DEFENSE player and does get his share of steals.

the SPURS did an excellend job of getting roleplayers like him + jackson (2 guys other teams didnt even try to attain).

I think Tony Parker's great and it's nearly impossible to turn your back on a 21 year old player of his caliber but if you can get JKidd...you get JKidd!!! If I were the Spurs I would turn my attention to Jermaine O'Neal because Parker has proven to be a very effective lead guard. But like I said if JKidd wants to play for your organization, there's no way you pass that up.

JKidd said that his descion would rest on the teams ability to win the NBA Title. The Spurs are going to be contenders for many years. Can the Nets put the pieces around JKidd so that he can win a title? Probably not. If winning is that important to him and I think it is, he may very well end up in a Spurs uniform next year.

• Admin

People who thought that because the lakers were gone, that the east had a chance, are crazy!! Sac, LA or SA would dump any team out of the east with little problem. People just like to think that the lakers were some mythical boogiemen that couldn't be beaten by eastern teams and all the other teams in the west are vulnerable. THat's hogwash! The west is still better by magnitude.

Spurs in 5, possibly brooming Jersey.

I actually told a friend that I though NJ might lose this first game and still win the series. SA did a good job of taking NJ out of their O game last night and NJ interior D was poor, especially in the 3rd quarter when Duncan and Rose went off. But NJ has not lost a game in what, 10 games so they are due to have a bad game. I though Scott would play Deke more in this series b/c of the matchups and I still think he will need to use him more than he did last night. But If NJ gets their O mojo back in game 2 then this series could tighten up quickly.

• Admin

The spurs are a better defensive team than any they've faced to this point. They are a better TEAM than any the nets have faced. The only reason people give them a chance is because the Lakers are out of it. Kidd is the only advantage they have in this series and I don't think he's enough.

They need a dominant player, not a player who dominates by getting other people the ball. The spurs team D negates kidds ability to get everyone else involved to the degree that he has to to allow them to win.

They need Jefferson to play more like Jackson, driving and hitting mid range jumpers.

but more than anything, Kittles and or Harris HAVE to step up and do something. They've both sucked all playoffs long.

NJ was lucky to get that win last night. Duncan missing all those FTs saved them. Parker outplayed Kidd for most of the game. Jefferson scoring in the single digits is not going to get it done.

Harris was pretty good off the bench last night but I don't know what's up with Kittles. I think NJ will look for an upgrade at SG next year.