Call it political? But it's very much Hawks relat

Diesel

• Premium Member

ed

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/c...ore/052903.html

Did anybody read this article by Moore? I'm catching up on my reading and this flew out. MY thoughts is I wonder if what is holding up the McDavid deal is his LACK of MONEY? i.e. Does McDavid have the money to make the deal happen?

I'm starting to wonder. Plus... This sounds Shady.

Yep, this lag in the process is troubling. I am hearing the same thing you are, that the he hasn't pooled the money required. If he can't make the deal official and begin transition by the beginning of July, I see this thing spiraling downwards quickly.

There is just too much to do over a summer, and we are already seeing that with the draft, coaching, and free agent prep.

Right now we have phantoms making the calls on those accounts, and that isn't a good thing.

http://www.hawkszone.net

We all need to take a deep breath and calm down. It takes time to close a deal like this. I think we are all worried because this franchise has such a long history of bad luck and missed opportunities. I think it will all work out with McDavid. He wouldn't talk with the AJC unless everything was going according to plan.

• Premium Member

That's because the Malachi group only proposed to buy the Hawks.

The Thrasher and the Phill were not a part of their deal. I would also think that they get no love from AOL because they only wanted the basketball team while AOL is trying to sell the whole Sports division. Maybe the Malachi group can work out something with Checkette's group. I hear he wanted the Braves and Thrashers.