• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ and "STAR"vin

NJHAWK

We have two stars on this team now. Josh Smith is playing smart ball so maybe we have 3. Funny thing is Marv fouls out and the next play Chills comes in and gets a huge basket. When healthy we are deeper than Jenna Jameson's funbox.

We basically "survived" Zaza and Acie tonight - although Zaza did get a few rebounds/tip outs and made a few free throws. The real story isn't who should get the minutes (Zaza or Shelden) but how far Al Horford has already surpassed them both. Horford didn't get that many rebounds tonight, but that was mostly because JS was jumping over everybody.

Quote:

We are deep, but I wish we would give ZZs minutes to Shelden & Lo...ZaZa just makes too many dumb mistakes that usually destroy runs. His negatives far outweigh what he brings to the team.

Swole, I agree with you about Shelden getting Z's minutes. Z just doesn't move the ball. In his mind it's almost like he saying "Ok, I've watched other guys shoot, now that I have the ball I HAVE TO shoot". He isn't looking for the best play for the team, he is looking to shoot. And it costs us dearly at times. Like when he got stripped with about 5 minutes left.

I'm no Shelly fan...But, if he would play defense, rebound, and pick his spots to score, he's just better than Z. Period. But, Woody just can't stand Shelly. It's so obvious. He's basically buried the 5th pick in last years draft. A few games back he had 14 first half points and really hasn't played since.

Shelden brings a lot more to the table that the Hawks need than Z. Why does Woodson hold this grudge?

I don't know. ZaZa has those aweful looking drive sometimes but he does some good things for us. IMO his defense has gotten better and it's good to be able to throw a big body out there like his. Plus he's a hussler on the offensive rebounds.

I think BOTH Shelden and ZaZa should get minutes. Like I've said before the more experience both get, the more variety we can throw out there to keep our frontcourt fresh.

Did Shelden play at all tonight?

Quote:

Shelden brings a lot more to the table that the Hawks need than Z. Why does Woodson hold this grudge?

No doubt the bigger picture needs to be discussed regardng Woody. It's Christmas, though. I'm just going to enjoy the ride for a little while. We've even had moments of actual offense lately, you know?

Marvin is the Hawks MVP right now, imo.